devils lake

• Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Me and a buddy are trying to plan a trip to devils lake ice fishing and figured since this is our first trip out there i would ask the great folks at IDO for some suggestion. time to go/resort with good track record that will put us on fish and any other recomendations you can make would be appreciated! thanks NICK

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’ve been there to fish the open water and had a great time. I’m sure the ice bite will be just as good as the open water bite.
    I stayed at the Topper Motel in town while I was there. I’m also booked to stay there this summer again. It’s a clean place and the price is right. Nothing fancy but it’s a clean place to sleep. There is parking right in front of your door and plenty of places to eat only a few blocks away. Also there is Pete’s Bait Shop in the same parking lot as the motel.

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

thanks alot for the info! ill give them a try

johnnie candle
    Devils Lake, ND

Pete’s Bait Shop is no longer in the parking lot of the Topper. It is anly a few hundred yards away, but they have moved.

The Topper is priced right and easy to get in and out of.

If you are coming soon, bring a sled to get around on. The snow is deep and if youa re travelling off the beaten path, you will not get far on wheels.

The eye bite has been pretty good with a few big fish in the mix so far this winter. Perch are spotty but there have been a few good catches reported as well.

Enjoy the lake.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.