Snow thrower

• krazzyk45
    La Crosse, WI

Menards has electric snow throwers on sale for $80 this Friday. I’ve never used one of these or seen one in action so I was wondering if these things are actually decent at removing snow. A snow blower isn’t quite in the budget this year so we were looking for a cheaper alternative. If these things are junk then we will probably just stick to the old shovel for another year! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

my neighbor has one. great for clearing light snow off sidewalks. he has to borrow mine when his driveway gets plowed in though. can’t go wrong for 80 bucks I guess. they are pretty much useless with heavy, wet snow

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

my neighbor has one. great for clearing light snow off sidewalks. he has to borrow mine when his driveway gets plowed in though. can’t go wrong for 80 bucks I guess. they are pretty much useless with heavy, wet snow

Steve is correct…..I use 1 for plowing and blowing and the driveway I need to blow is a little large. It dos’nt blow the snow far enough off the drive and then by the time you get to it, The snow is twice as deep and really dos’nt blow well then! Good for 3-4 in. of light fluffy snow. Worthless on wet heavy snow.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Steve is correct…..I use 1 for plowing and blowing and the driveway I need to blow is a little large. It dos’nt blow the snow far enough off the drive and then by the time you get to it, The snow is twice as deep and really dos’nt blow well then! Good for 3-4 in. of light fluffy snow. Worthless on wet heavy snow.

When you can get yours started….

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Seems to me like if you pay for an $80 snowblower you get an $80 snowblower…

I would check your local classifieds/craigslist for a bigger used model if you’re on a budget.

I know from experience. I’ve got a cheap-o 2 stroke MTD thats great for a light snow, but when its heavy it takes 4ever. You’ve got to factor in what is your free time worth too.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

yeah the classified or craig’slist may be a good choice.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No plowing the end of your drive this year! You might find a little extra someday when you get up and I’ve already been to your nieghbors place!

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I hear you guys get a lot of snow in Iowa. You might want to check this model out.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

go to Home Depot, Menards or Lowes about April of ’09 and try to pick one up on clearance. I got a really nice Ariens two stage snow blower for $399.00. They usually list for around $699.00

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

I’ve got an older Ariens slowblower thats sitting in my dad’s shed we no longer use if you’re interested. He bought a new one this year and I dont need it. It could use a tune-up and some new gaskets, but I’m not asking much for it. Only problem is I see you’re in WI, my dad’s place is in Burnsville, MN. But, let me know if you’re interested at all.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No plowing the end of your drive this year! You might find a little extra someday when you get up and I’ve already been to your nieghbors place!

Just like last year, I’ll have mine started and done, by the time you get that pos running…. You can plow me in, but then I won’t let you use mine to do the neighbors.

Heck, I should just save you the trip and do the neighbors myself… I should go talk to them this weekend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.