Croix Valley

Any IDO Sponsors offer this class?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I highly recommend them as well.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bills does have a good class, I attended one as an observer.

I haven’t attended a class with the fella at Sportsman’s Warehouse, but I’ve hear good and great reviews.

…and if you haven’t checked out the prices of the handguns at Sportsman’s….you might want to compare them.

<wink, wink…nod, nod>

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Well, the Woodbury store did have classes..but I didn’t see any in there events page. Coon Rapids has a number of them set up…with the next one coming up soon…

Store: Coon Rapids
    Description: AACFI Certified Trainer David Meacham is teaching the Minnesota Permit To Carry Class at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Coon Rapids.

Price includes materials and range time.

First Time Permit Class $110 Refresher Class $85

Class Limited to 15 Students.

Date: Sat, Dec 06
    Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
    Tel: (763)560-2000
    Additonal Info: To sign up for this class contact the instructor, David Meacham at 763-784-1428 or by E-mail at [email protected]

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

BTW…there’s a post in the Sponsor’s Showcase talking about the week that Sportsman’s pays for your sales tax.

6.5% on $300. is what $12.50?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just went into SW in Woodbury today to take advantage of that! Got my muzzleloader supplies there!
    THANKS SW!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

As long as we are talking CC on the fishing side…

The Crimson Trace company just came out with a new dvd. The Art of Survival: Real World Laser Tactics. It’s a one-of-a-kind production illustrating ground-breaking laser tips and techniques.

The only way to get one of these dvd’s is to request a catalog. Both are free!

http://www.crimsontrace.com

BTW Sportsmans Warehouse is a dealer for Crimson Trace.

jond327

Not a sponsor, but a very good class. 4 hrs as compared to all day with some courses. http://www.mnpistolclass.com Also a discount for veterans. Recomend getting the Utah permit. takes a little longer to get (60 days). No refresher course in 5 years like MN, just $10 and a new passport photo.This will save you $100 + in five yrs. And it does not show on your Mn DMV record like the Mn permit will.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

And it does not show on your Mn DMV record like the Mn permit will.

Your Mn permit does not show up on your DMV record. Police do not have access to permit information. It’s private and protected information.

-J.

jond327

“a MN permit issued, suspended or revoked is flagged on your MN driver’s license to law enforcement personnel. If you are the registered owner of a MN vehicle, driver’s license info is part of the vehicle registration. This is NOT available to other inquiries, but is completely visible to dispatchers and police officers in their patrol vehicle terminals” This was straight from our class book

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

6.5% on $300. is what $12.50?

more like $19.50

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I didn’t think anyone would ever catch that!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Yup! The book is wrong. It does not show up on your license or on a check. That is why in class they tell you if you get pulled over and are carrying to give them your permitt along with your license.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

4 hrs as compared to all day with some courses.

I’m thinking 4 hours isn’t long enough.

Ok…nuff humor. Seriously. I don’t think the two courses that I was involved with could have covered everything in 4 hours.

In fact, considering the seriousness of what a person is preparing for…8 hours might not be enough.

Your mileage may very.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.