There’s a duck in my boat!

• krazzyk45
    La Crosse, WI

I found a new but pretty unusual fishing buddy this past weekend. I had just pulled up to a new spot and started fishing when a bird flying very close to the boat startled me. Seeing that it was a duck I just kept on casting. A minute or two later I look behind me and see the little guy swimming close to the boat and looking up at me. I tossed him a couple of sunflower seeds and continued on fishing. Next thing you know I hear wings flapping and I look behind me and here is this duck sitting on the side of the boat! He just sat there and looked at me…. I wasn’t sure what to do so I just left him alone and continued on fishing. He was in the boat at least 30 -45 minutes, walking around checking things out and he even stopped and groomed himself a little bit! Towards the end of his stay he was begging me to drive the boat, I wouldn’t let him, instead he got to pretend and hold on to the steering wheel. It’s really not that unusual for a duck to come close to a human, but when you are out fishing on the river?? It was a crazy experience and I sure hope that he gets a little bit wiser by the time duck hunting season comes around!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.