Get your TV converter box yet?

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

As most know the US government has mandated that all public TV signal be changed on 2-9-09 to the new digital format. Not a terrible idea as it is said to be a cleaner more reliable signal. The government even went so far as to allow people to sign up for two vouchers good for $40 each towards the purchase of individual converters. so what is the problem you ask? Well if your in America and have a voucher I bet you already know. The vouchers have an expiration date on them and because (here is problem #2) the government completely underestimated the number of people that do not yet OWN a digital TV or want to hoard cheap [censored] converters for no reason other than to get one over on big brother who knows how many million people are sitting here with expired vouchers and no converters to buy. Specfreakintacular! The local Wally Mart explained today, very politely, that they get over 80 calls a day asking if they have them. That isn’t including the hundreds of times a day they are asked by consumers. They are not allowed to take rain checks, sell over the phone, or give the date of the next delivery. All she could tell me was they deliver after 3pm on any given weekday and that if it happens to be 330 am and I’m in my undies and slippers when they come in to not bother getting dressed because that extra time will cost me a converter.

Other than that I guess everything is going rather smoothly.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.