Asphalt Work Needed for 8 X 17 Driveway

• Dave G
    Rochester, MN

From my sidewalk to the street is about 8’ and my driveway is 17’ wide. I would like to have the old asphalt removed and hauled way, plus new asphalt installed. Are there any recommendations or IDO people interested in doing this kind of work?

Dave Gulczinski
    [email protected]
    Rochester, MN
    507-289-2884

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I would also be interested to see any responses to your post ,I would also be interested in having mine done

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey Dave we haven’t chatted in a while!

If you are still open to a repair option, I would recommend my buddies repair service. All American Seal

If you are set on complete removal, he would be a good knowledge source for that as well.

Good luck with your project!

Sully

fish2live
    hampton,mn

are you dead seton asphalt? i believe with current oil prices up you can get concrete for the same price maybe even cheaper. worth looking into.

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I would like concrete but just assumed the price would be too high. Last year I tried to get estimates but no one wanted to mess with such a small job. Maybe this year it will be different.

fish2live
    hampton,mn

most contractors are not very busy these days so they want all the work they can get. call a couple places and get some bids i think you will be surprised.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

If at all possible I would go with concrete. Even if it is slightly higher it would still be worth the money. As long as the price is not out of your reach I would opt for concrete.

I havent heard lately what the price difference is but if I find out I will let you know.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I would also vote to replace with concrete. Yes, I am a little biased since I am in the concrete business, but there are reasons beyond my bias.
    Concrete lasts longer, requires little to no maintenance, and like was mentioned above, oil prices have made asphalt pretty expensive.
    In the last week alone, we have ripped out 4 asphalt driveways and replaced with concrete. We have 15 more jobs like that already on the schedule to do.
    Asphalt requires too much maintenance and costs more in the long run than concrete.
    If the contractors in your area are like us, start making some calls as we are booked well into the summer and do not really see a slow down anytime soon, contrary to what the beginning of the season was looking like

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

8×17 pad with out curb should be around 1800 plus maybe 500 for tear out and some good base brought in. A total for the project 2300 should put you in the ball park.I did several driveways last year changing them from asphalt to concrete as we wernt much higher so I would assume this year it would at the very least be the same price if not more.
    I vote concrete

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

I work for Pine Bend Paving out of Hastings here, but we have done work down that way also!! I dont give estimates but sure you can call or check out our web site too http://www.pinebendpaving.com tell em Jim Ho sent ya

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.