Pearl of Wisdom

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

In preparation for my seasonal migration North and the ensuing Sabbatical, I reveal and leave you with this very personal ‘Pearl of Wisdom.’

I have long heard that listening to Classical Music can actually temporarily raise your IQ by as much as 10 points. So to validate this, I found an IQ test on the Internet which I proceeded to take. Next, I spent 4 hours listening to Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky , Bach and others. Then I returned to take the test again. To my great surprise, it appears to be true that listening to the Classics will indeed raise your IQ temporarily.

In my case it increased my score by not 10 points, but, an astounding 18 points. Yep, that’s right raised it 18 points to a score of 73. Further, it recommended for a vocation I might find success in spreading organic fertilizer in rural areas (and here I thought I had been doing that all along). It also suggested that for pleasure I might give strong consideration to becoming a bass fisherman. In addition, it offered the following boldly worded caution if I wanted to distinguish myself from the bass fishing hoi polloi. “DO NOT TURN OFF THE MUSIC!”

I considered posting this in the bass forum, however, even without my IQ classically elevated , I sensed that might not be a formulae for longevity!

Please forgive, this has been ‘offered tongue in cheek’ and not intended to offend, for I am between seasons and bored. Tax season is past and the Verhalla (i.e. Lake Vermilion) season does not begin for a couple of days! I truly was just kidding and at one time religiously fished for bass myself, even ate one once, which admittedly, marked the precise moment in time I became a walleye fisherman! With that, I bid you all adieu ‘til I return in the fall to participate in the Bonanza on the Croix! One last thing before departing, Putz, I AM going to hold you to that VerHalla visit we discussed!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.