Florida Redfish

• carpking
    Janesville, WI.

The redfishing has been phenominal the last few days. At high tide it is nearly impossible to not catch one on every cast. The Bfishn jig and paddletails have been ripping them up. Picture is my brother with a 25 incher. Size limit is 18 to 28 inch and only one a day per person. This one made its way to dinner table tonight. I realized today it is impossible to take pictures while fishing these as in order to do so I would have to stop fishing. Oh, by the way – I went through 35 paddletails today if that gives you any indication of the amount of fish hooked. Arm feels like jelly, but going back out at 7am high tide for some more tomorrow! Not really missing the cold weather in Wisconsin either. Much easier to rehab my knee while fishing here..ha ha!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Nice fish! What part of FL are you in?

I caught a few of them last March near the Ft. Myers area.

Eric

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Nice to see your having fun Lou. Those little rat reds are fun and tastey, but the bigguns are more fun to catch and release.

This is a Jacksonville Fla redfish. Photo is from 2001.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Holy Gads…..never even seen one that big much less hooked one. We catch them in very shallow water, that bad boy would get beached! We are in the Crystal River/Homosassa area, fishing backwaters in the gulf.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.