orchard lake muskies?

• johned
    farmington, mn

im a big orchard lake fisher (i live 5 min. away), and have caught a couple nice muskies- biggest was 38 1/2 inches. have cought every one on accident- going for bass& walleye- trolling various cranks. cant catch any on purpose!!!! anyone know how the gators work on this small lake? always dreamed of reelin in a 50 incher!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yeah there are some in there, never heard of a real big one, seen one that was in the 30 inch range, I think there are better lakes for musky in the area, all of them tiger musky as far as I understand.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Big shallow diving cranks. My buddy hooked into one that way, took the boat about 100 yards and buried itself in the weeds. Not a 50 but prolly low 40’s. Otherwise work 8-10 ft early in the morning in front of the park with BIG spinners.

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

I agree, there are other lakes nearby that hold better fish. Caught several in the mid 40’s and have seen (follows) several more that were HUGE. Big shallow cranks trolled along breaks and weedlines adjacent to deep water are very productive most of the time and pulling big spinner rigs with big suckers too…but don’t tell anyone!

Tuna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.