Chris Benoit

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Flipping through channels tonight and came across a wrestling screen that read: RIP CHRIS BENOIT. Apparently Chris, his Wife, and young son were found dead in their Atlanta home. No real details, but growing up as a wrestling fan, kinda sad to hear.

R.I.P Chris

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

It is certainly sad news. I grew up watching wrestling and remember watching Chris move through ECW, WCW and WWE. The guy was extremely talented and will be greatly missed.

R.I.P Chris Benoit.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just saw that as well. The wrestling world has really had it’s share of pain in the past few years. Does it just seem like more wrestlers are dying than in other sports?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The one thing about wrestlers, is they don’t have an ‘off-season.’ It takes a special person to live that lifestyle.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Yeah, have stopped following the wrestling gig (after Hart fell out of the rafters about 10 years ago) but was flipping around the last couple weeks, and saw that McMahan was “murdered” and tonight was to be his “memorial” but he got upstaged by Benoit….find that highly irrational

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I read Benoit was excused from his PPV last night for “family reasons”, and that police were investigating it as a murder suicide. I hope that proves false.

I loved rasslin as a kid, got back into it in the early 90’s with WCW and a new organization called ECW. The Rabid Wolverine, the Canadian Crippler was one of my favorites. Haven’t watched for a few years, but this news sucks.

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

i just saw this too. this is sad news. for sure.what a terrible thing to go through. and its not like he happened to die because of the sport or something like that, his wife and son too. this is really sad.

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

I read Benoit was excused from his PPV last night for “family reasons”, and that police were investigating it as a murder suicide. I hope that proves false.

Rumor mill is he killed his family then took his own life. The sorry feelings I had are gone.

Just goes to show, it does not matter who you are what you do some of us have that point of no return.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Here is the story.

By DEBBIE NEWBY Associated Press Writer

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. — Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the “Vengeance” event in Houston because of “personal reasons” a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Details of the deaths “are going to prove a little bizarre” when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit, (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths. But he declined to say how the three died.

“We’re pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab,” Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return phone calls. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received “several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning.”

Sheriff’s Lt. Tommy Pope told WSB-TV that the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he wouldn’t release other details.

Stamford, Conn.-based WWE also said on its Web site it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths of Benoit, 40; his wife, Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Benoit was born in Montreal. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. He was known by several names including “The Canadian Crippler.”

“WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy,” the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live “Monday Night RAW” card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit’s wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, “Woman,” The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Well, I feel sorry for the wife and kid

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

What we do know is that the kid, only seven years old had no reason at all to be involved in this.

If this proves to be a murder I hope the killer does not rest in peace, I hope he rots in hell.

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

wow, i guess i feel bad for the kid and wife. wow i did not expect that

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

Well, I feel sorry for the wife and kid

Your sorry right there! Not a big fan of the whole abuse thing. My mind leads me to beleive that this could have been the long rated end of another short rope.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The details of the incident are starting to show up on the internet. It’s incomprehensible to say the least. When I read it, I felt like vomiting. What causes a person to do such things will always be a mystery to me.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

The details of the incident are starting to show up on the internet. It’s incomprehensible to say the least. When I read it, I felt like vomiting. What causes a person to do such things will always be a mystery to me.

Can you say…………. ‘ROID RAGE!!!!!!

BigFish4
    SE Minn.

Sad Sad deal for wrestling….
    Must have been something we all dont know about.

VikeFan

Quote:

Quote:

Can you say…………. ‘ROID RAGE!!!!!!

I’m not sure it was, strictly speaking, “roid rage”. Benoit strangled his wife on Friday, waited until Saturday to smother his son, and then killed himself on Sunday after sending two text messages that would get people to check the house. In other words, this crime did not unfold as a blind rage.

It may well have started that way with the killing of the wife, but then he took a day to think about what to do about his son, and then another day to do himself in. Benoit also made sure that someone would find them. That is not the act of someone who simply lashes out in a senseless roid-fueled rage–there was some forethought and planning on Benoit’s part.

The only good thing Benoit did was to kill himself, and spare the taxpayers the bill for a trial and prison or execution.

herefishyfishy
    MN

I also read that they found HGH in his young sons autopsy. WTF!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sad stuff.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

he actually had HGH in his system because of the rare disease called fragile X syndrome he had. it was a type of dwarfism. Boy this thing just seems to be getting worse as they are reporting that someone within WWE actually posted something before the police were notified by them to go check on him.

Broncs

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Yes, his Wikipedia page was updated 14 hours before the bodies were discovered.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.