Tyeing on a Jig?

• bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

What is the best way to put on a jig? Tyeing it directly to the line, snap swivel,speed clip,what do you guys do.Does the method you use make a difference if your casting versus vertical jigging?If you use speed clips what size and kind do you use? Will snap swivels work as well as speed clips?
    Thanks, Rick

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

tie directly… I use palomar knots – real easy, real fast, real strong…

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I second that. Directly is the only way to go!!! Bigger fish are finicky and any addition could scare them away. I use the inproved clinch knot for mono and the palomar knot for superlines.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Thanks for the help,I usually direct tie to.But I wasn’t sure if that was taking away any of the action from the jig or not.I can tie one on faster than I canput 1 on fumbling around with those dang speed clips any way.I also wondered about the x-tra hardware scaring some fish away.

redneck
    Rosemount

Definitely tie directly on. In the Winter and early Spring when vertical jigging I position the knot (improved cinch) towards the tip of the hook every time I reel in. This give the bait a little more of a horizontal look. I think it is more important with Super Doos than other plastics and really enhances their action.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.