Transporting a boat lift

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello –

I might be buying a boat lift from a private party which is about 2 hours from where I live. I am just curious if anyone out here has ever transported a boat lift that far and if so how did they go about it. If anyone has any ideas or info please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

Back in the day, when I was growing up in the family dealership…we used a pontoon trailer to transport boat lifts. Worked well…but we did it all the time so it was very easy. I would think that a four place snowmobile trailer would work great to move a lift. It would be wide enough that you would not have to worry about it being tippy…..should be to just get on the road and roll without any problems.

Troy

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Best way I’ve found is to use a flat bed trailer, like a snowmobile trailer and just strap it down. Also have seen guys set it on the bedrails of a pickup and haul it.

ErikHendo
    Crosslake, MN

Yeah I hauled one about 120 miles. We used a flatbed truck and took the canopy off. It hauled pretty good. It was a lot of work to get it on the truck because there was only two of us. Just strap it down really well and take the canopy off and you should be fine. I’ve also hauled them on snowmobile trailers. good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.