Lac Des Mille Lacs in Ontario Canada

• bucketmouth1

As anybody on here ever fished this lake. Planning a trip in July and was looking for some help to get me in the right direction. I was also wondering where I could get a map of the lake. We will be staying at Cushing lake Resort.

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

I fished this lake 15 years ago and had a great time. Lots of eyes and big pike. We actually had a guide show us a couple of spots but learned the rest on our own. Don’t know where to get a map, but I do know you’ll have a good time

cnass
    cannon city, mn

Fished there in june 2 yrs ago. Nice walleyes and pike. Wish I had spent more time focusing on pike….once we did (last day)…..what a blast! Definitely need a map….should be able to get one from the resort. Watch out for boulders just under the water. One in our party wrecked his lower unit big time.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

That lake is on the 07 Navionics chip for Canada too.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Between my dad and I we’ve hit it probably 20 of the last 30 years. Just like any other lake timing can be critical, but there’s always fish to catch. We’ve had some phenomenal luck on big northerns in late May/early June trips. Look to the back ends of the bays, and there’s lots of them. I’ll try to make a pdf of a map and highlight some of the areas we’ve had success. Send me a pm with your e-mail.

bucketmouth1

pm sent bigeyes. Thanks for all the info so far. Does anybody know anything about this resort. Do you guys take your own boats or rent. I plan on renting one. This trip is for 4 days my 12 year old daughter won it at the local rod and gun club. I hope it’s fun.

starkj25

i have been there a couple of times once in july which was our best time ever, fish fisherman’s island for walleyes off the points and hook island by shore for really nice northerns, A GPS on this lake is great to have, lots of little islands and can get screwed up quickly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.