Snot Rocket Poor Man’s Lobster

• mikehd
    Dousman, WI

First of all I’d like to wish all fellow IDA’ers a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
    My wife and I decided to fix a snott rocket (thanks Bret )for our New Years Eve dinner. After searching many sites on the internet and cook books we found one that sounded good and we weren’t disapointed. I have gained a lot of knowledge and friendships since joining IDA and wanted to end the year sharing something back. We thought this recipe was awesome. Hope you enjoy it as well.
    POOR MAN’S LOBSTER
    3 qts. water
    1 med. onion
    Salt we used about a teaspoon
    1/2 c. lemon juice
    3 stalks celery
    3 lbs. Northern pike, cut in 2 inch pieces
    1/2 lb. butter
    Garlic salt lightly sprinkled
    Paprika lightly sprinkled
    Place water, onion, salt, lemon juice and celery into a 4 quart pan and bring to a boil. Add pike and reboil 3 minutes longer.
    Drain and place fish on cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and paprika and broil 2 minutes. Serve with melted butter. Enjoy

I’m looking forward to the GTG on the 19th and meeting more members. Come on ice – Go Packers.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone as well !! I’ve had something similar to your recipe and have to admit….those toothy critters are AWESOME tasting. Thanks for posting the recipe. Happy New Year

sirchad
    Northwest Iowa

We make Poor Man’s Lobster every year when we fish in Canada. Best way to eat Northern in my opinion. Our recipe is a little easier. Fill a pan 1/2 full of 7-UP and heat to just about boiling. Put cut up chunks of Pike into 7-UP until bright white and flake with fork. Dip in melted butter.

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

I learned of the boil in 7up recipe last year and it tastes great.If ya cant smoke em sweeten them up instead.

deeplake
    Iron, mn

boil em in sprite (after removing that y bone, and cutting into two inch pieces) dip in melted garlic butter….mmmmm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.