Little courtesy on the water please!

• Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I’m sure this doesn’t apply to any of us, but Adam??? and I were out on the pond Tuesday night fishing Indian point. There were two other boats out there trolling away. One of the boats had four people fishing out of it and some big lights on the whole time. I don’t know what the driver was thinking, but not only did he cut right in front of the first boat and right over his path,
    but came about 30′ on our port side and litterally cut 10′ – 15′ behind our boat. We gave a shout out to them, but they looked at us with one of those “what?” looks!
    Why do people have to do that? Unfortunately his lights were so damn bright we couldn’t get a number off his boat.
    He’s lucky he didn’t snag my line in his prop, because I would have given him a mouthful and all 300+ feet of Powerpro in his prop. That way he would have time to think of how inconsiderate he was as he’s trying to get it all out of there. Sorry, just had to vent!

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

I thought that’s why Bass Pro Shops makes 8 ounce pyramid sinkers ?

shaley
    Milford IA

Thats 1 reason I keep a muskie rod rigged in the boat at all times. Close enough to cast to your a TARGET!!!!!!! I normaly reserve this tactic for jet skiiers and pleasure boaters.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

It’s just not a good idea to fight with idiots, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experince. I would think a 10-15 millon candle power light would be my choice in case I didn’t think they saw me.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Was it a Warrior?

jldii

If it was a Warrior, I know who it was!!

shaley
    Milford IA

I like Nicks idea to Does the old tune ” Blinded By the Light” come to mind ??

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Me too

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I was there also and saw the boat. It was a Crestliner Pro boat with the black and white checkers on the side. Seen that idit before. Last night some guy was pulling boards out there taking up 100ft wide path so no one could get on the reef.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

That’s exactly the one! I thought about a big old dare devil, but I think the light would be a good one! “CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?!?!?!?”

Chris
    Rochester, MN

There are a lot of morons out there. Although it takes some time out of your fishing outing , I would suggest pulling up to them and explaining how they are being idiots. Just because they have nice equipment doesn’t mean they understand different presentations, fisherman ethics or even common courtesy.

Although what that boat did was pretty blatant, I’ve been around other boats before when I thought I was giving them plenty of room and I just get a glare and a cold shoulder when I say “hey “. Does it make me want to hop into their ride and cold-cock them…heck yes but I choose to be a better person and not bring myself down to their level.

I guess I’d rather try to educate someone than be a jerk right away since they may really be ignorant. If they turn around and make more problems then to each their own

Chris

Fireball

Quote:

Quote:

Me too

Me too!!!

hwalleye18
    Coon Rapids MN

I am pretty sure this guy wasn’t purposely trying to ruin your nite.I am sure all of us have done this and had this happen to us trying to fish the same structure spring\summer\fall.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me too

Me too!!!

Me three….or four!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.