At home for the opener

• 3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

Am I the only one not out in the woods for the deer opener?

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

No sir I’m here at work for another hour.

dd

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I am leting my dad get the deer. I am just waiting for the phone call I get every opener……………..”I got one (or 2) come on over and gut it out for me.” I get that one every year!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’m home! Kids Hockey and My heart really wasn’t in it.

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Skipped it this year….maybe the muzzleloader season for me.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

For I have a fear of flying lead I’m sitting home this mornng tying up some late fall jigs for my self ..
    Sunday I shall see if those jigs will do there job

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HUNTERS & COME HOME SAFELY

Jeff

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

While I can no longer hunt, I heard the first shot at 6:30 and a young doe came through at 6:32. At 7:10 I had a nice doe come in and not leave until she finished all the corn in the backyard. I got 3 pictures of her.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

After many years of very poor hunting, I had a major falling out with a couple of the other guys. Add in the expense of it all and it just wasn’t any fun anymore. So I’m “retired”. I’d rather stay in town and do some fishing.

Rootski

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

Yep, when it’s no longer fun it’s time to hang up the gun.

eyebuster
    Duluth

I am the new guy at work so Guess who they make work opener

Thankfully wisconsin has deer!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Tormented!

Although I haven’t hunted deer since the bucks only rule of the ’70’s…I still have a slight urge.

…but Dean at Evert’s wanted to go so I’m covering for him.

The torment come in to play as the guys started coming in at 5:15 this morning, for minnows, tons of hair jigs and oodls of ringworms. The snauger bite yesterday was the best I’ve seen this year with most limiting. The fish cleaning house finally cleared out around 10 pm last night….

…and I’m sitting here putting minnow buckets together!

Wish’en I was fish’en!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…but, the good thing is that tonight Gary, Gator Hunter, Catch and Release, Fish them all (or Fish any time, I get there handles confused!), Stuart, Dustin, Jason (brook trout) are all out fishing. So there will be a GTG tonight in the baitshop I’m guessing.

Forgot Bob Jonston and Bucktail Wayne…hope I didn’t miss anyothers.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Working as well, going up Monday – Weds, no crowds for me..

Just deer that have been shot at all weekend

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I bowhunt only. With that being said, am I wrong to look down on gun season??? I guess I just dont see it as very sporting. I know, however, that its a very big deal in these parts. I suppose its a good thing for the city folks whose only contact with the outdoors comes on this weekend. Dont wanna seem like a snob, just my thoughts.

shayla

Not snobby at all, just your opinion. I look at it this way….the heritage of rifle hunting began with simple country folk going out and trying to put food on the table, back in the day when most made their living off the family farm. Today things have changed, people have followed the dollar into the cities where the jobs are more and pay more. Sporting or not, going back to the family farm or rural parts of the state for 1-2 weeks every fall may be the last link any of them have to “going home”. Can’t hold that against them! We each have the our own pursuits, lucky is the man that lives long enough to enjoy them.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Very well said Slipsinker

Ron

col._klink
    St Paul

For me sitting at work till 11pm tonight I will be heading out to WI to bow hunt.

I don’t gun hunt MN only WI. Gun hunting is the sport that bring buddy’d together……….for me it is really about the only time my dad and I get to hunt together……with my crazy hours at my job theres is simply nothing better than being able to hang out with the old timer and watching him hunt. Gun hunting is somthing that I will never quit or forget…

eyebuster
    Duluth

Well said Colklink! It is the same for me I would rather be in the woods with my bow but the rest of my family does not have the time to do it and also it has been a family thing to put on the blaze and fire away. It is the only time that I see some of these people and we truly have a great time even if we do not get anything!

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Haven’t hunted for a few years now.
    But really got the itch bad this year. Spent some time today scouting out areas to hunt locally. I think I found a couple of places that aren’t overpopulated with the orange. So look out next year.
    My wife and daughter said they are anxious for a hunt too. What really got me going today was seeing a fork horn 30 yards from my vehical as I was scouting around.
    Buck a roo. I’ll see you next year!!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.