Getting pushy

• clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

My wife was just telling me she had a call from a DFL representative asking if she was going to vote next week. After answering yes he proceeded to tell her to be sure to vote for the Democrates….She said she was voting Republican this year because she would not support anyone who supports abortion. He proceeded to tell her that more troops have died in Iraq then to abortion in the last year. (Fact is more abortions are performed every day than that)the wife proceeded to hang up the phone. A few minutes later the phone rang again. IT WAS THE SAME GUY!!!!
    He proceeded to try and argue with her on the issue.
    Apparently the being hung up on didn’t tell him anything.
    MORON

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I got the call too…and I’m on the “do not call list”!?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I hope they call me so I can conf Jon J in. It would be a blast listening to the stuttering and stammering of a Dem.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

A friend at work (Major Dem) says the only people who are being contacted are those who have not voted in past election, the so called “Swing vote”.

And I was complaining about the attack adds on the media outlets. He said they are designed to get people to not vote. The Dems think they have a “hardcore” bunch of voters who can beat the numbers of “Hardcore” Republicans, so they try to take the swing out of the equation, or get them on their side.

I think it is very interesting how they attempt to get a leg up by using dirty tactics on both sides.

col._klink
    St Paul

I was thinking that we could have BURN THE SIGNS NIGHT?

I drove down to Owatonna to look at some Goose hunting land today and the signs are everywhere. Starting to make me sick…………….Only a couple more days to go……

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Quote:

Guess what lawyers have set that up so this type of call is not protected by the do not call list. Go figure

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I was in MN last weekend and my sister-in-law was complaining about the ads, I told her to thank God she wasn’t straddled on the IA, SD, and NE borders where you have to listen to everyone, even those you can’t vote for. I’m in favor of satellite tv at this time of year.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

We are also on the do not call list. I have had 2 pushy calls from the GOP.
    Open your eyes, both sides do it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I didn’t listen to which side it was…makes no differance to me…as I was more concerned with how long it takes to drain gear grease from my Merc when the temps are around 25! It’s been two hours and it’s getting dark! Guess I’ll have to wait to fininsh it in the morning.

Man, I took my boat to the car was today and power hosed the carpeting…everything was going well…untill the owner came out and chewed me a new rear end…

I told him I would clean up the bullheads, shad, night crawlers and Sonny’s Stink bait before I left…he grumbled a bit and say “damn right you will!”.

It’s true that people get use to smells I guess.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I think I’ve had about 5 or six calls so far today.
    The last time a answered I was John Wayne.
    The second one was the best.
    Tony Montana answered the phone .

I’ve been having fun all day

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’ve never received a call from ‘them’ before but I went to the Laura Busch Republican rally in Rochester just for the experience and had to give my phone number for the Secret Service. Ha! That’s what they told me anyway. Now I get 3-5 calls a day I will never go to a rally again…too many political freaks there…freaks! I kid you not.

Chris

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Quote:

The Do Not Call list is except to all non-profit organizations. I think they are all considered to be non-profit.

Still is fun playing with them when they do call. I love it when you can just feel the tension on the other line. The problem is they get all worked up and don’t get over it. We forget about 5 minutes after they hang up.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Since my last post on this thread I’ve had five calls….I’m going to change my voice mail greeting to something more appropriate and stop answering my phone!

It makes a guy think that the election is almost here

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Three Proven Tactics to Annoy Telemarketers.

Just hand the phone to your youngest and tell them it’s grandma. Or just set it down and walk away for a while. Or start quoting Bible verses.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Got 2 more tonight,….Got him really good with the Homer simpson soundboard.
    Next time one calls you, use this on speakerphone.
    Homer soundboard

Chris
    Rochester, MN

That’s good stuff Matt.

Two more calls that weren’t answered…I’m picking it up next time and I’m gonna tell them that I’m gonna drink a lot of beer and stay out all night…and that alcohol is my way of life

Then I’ll ask them to repeat themselves.

Thanks!
    Chris

deeplake
    Iron, mn

thats classic. ill have to try that, what a blast. ive also had calls from the dum o craps. telling me to vote their way, and then just ending the call. id have loved to argue with them, as i had nothing better to do, but they werent even interested, it was almost like a recording. silly democrats..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I rarely get called. When I do, I just say no thanks and hang up. I don’t take much stock in the poll number either. The questions they ask (on both sides) can be interpreted wrong. Plus, you get a pollster who is blindly dedicated to one party, and skews the poll for personal reasons. No way to take the human element out of it.

The only poll I take is on election day.

-J.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I guess I do have a reason to like my atiquated dial-up internet connection. They can’t bug me when I’m on IDA!

dd

vida

Quote:

I rarely get called. When I do, I just say no thanks and hang up. I don’t take much stock in the poll number either. The questions they ask (on both sides) can be interpreted wrong. Plus, you get a pollster who is blindly dedicated to one party, and skews the poll for personal reasons. No way to take the human element out of it.

The only poll I take is on election day.

-J.

Amen, Brother.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.