Flathead vs. Basketball

• bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

I don’t know if this has been around before but I thought it was very interesting…

A guy who lives at Lake Conroe (50 miles north of Houston) saw a ball bouncing around kind of strange in the lake and went to investigate.
    It turned out to be a flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a basketball which became stuck in its mouth!!
    The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but unable to because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface. The guy tried numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife cut the ball in order to deflate it and release the hungry catfish.
    You probably wouldn’t have believed this, if you hadn’t seen the following pictures…

Sorry the pictures are kind of small.

col._klink
    St Paul

Your joking right???

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Okay sorry about that…..

I didn’t want to be “that guy.”

Feel free to delete this!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I heard there was a 20′ long Sturgeon caught on the Rainy River. Anyobdy seen the pictures

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ya know…I’ve read the report from Truthorfiction…and everytime this gets posted, I look closely at the photo…

I know flats will try to eat anything..and they do take bait much larger than what a person thinks…but…

Thinking about how the ball got in it’s mouth…have you ever tried bobbing for apples? Ok, so maybe it had the ball up against something and could get it’s mouth around it…stranger things have happened in nature.

But I would feel much better about these photos if the whole fish was in any of the pictures. It would be easy to take a freshly killed fish, but the ball in it’s mouth and “hold” the fish for a photo shoot.

Don’t feel bad Rocky…by 2010 everyone will have seen those photo’s…maybe…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.