Yo

• BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram that I purchased new in January. About two months ago I noticed the brakes were making the truck vibrate while I was slowing down. I called the dealer and made an appoitment but unfourtunaty I had to cancel and haven’t been able to schedule an appoitment till now. My truck now has 13,200 miles on it and is out of warranty for the brakes by 1200 miles. When I first called and made the appoitment, I would have been under warranty. I spoke with the service dept. supervisor and he said they don’t log any past appoitments and therefore I have no proof that this appoitment existed.

Is there anything I can do??

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I find it hard to believe that they do not log appointments……..How can they operate if there is no appointment log, or a conversation log.

However, since you canceled the appointment and you cannot prove this started prior to the warrenty expiring, there is not much you can do.

What you can do though, is give the dealer a “hardship” case and plead. Dealers do have the ability to “honor” vehicle repairs beyond the warranty, if it is obvious that it is a problem of the vehicle and not driver originated/caused.

Plead your case to the dealer and see how far you can get!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

BH…I’m not tring to be a smart as it does come naturally to some people…like me…

But we have a number of car dealers/service folk on the site..if you change the subject line that draws a dealerships attention…it might get you at least a faster response.

I believe D-man would be a good person to contact….I think.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Pretty much what Gary said.If not sounds like you have warped rotars and maybe need a set of pads.These are real simple to change yourself and you will save yourself a lot of money down the road if you learn how to do it yourself unless you already know how to.Once you get the tire off about all you need is the right tools to take the caliper off and a C-clamp to push the caliper puck back in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.