Want to catch more walleye?

• deeplake
    Iron, mn

I spent the late afternoon with my girlfriend (shallowriver) and her son Dominick, fishing “Whisper Lake” here in St. Louis County. It was about 83 with a slight breeze, enough to keep the bugs away. We started out trolling a beetle spin, tipped with a leech, a orange spinner w/crawler harness, and a Wiggle O deep diving rattling crankbait in 20 feet of water. We caught many nice gills and a few very nice walleyes. The trick seemed to be to tie a few small sinkers up about 6-8 inches from the orange spinner, let it sink, almost to bottom, and then slow troll until you feel the old familiar thump, thump, thump. The crawler harness was by far the most lethal bait of the night. Ended up keeping 5 panfish and 2 walleye, one 18 inches and one 19.5!

col._klink
    St Paul

DINNER!!

A little shore lunch for coating fried in butter! nothing better. Wash it down with a ice cold Grain Belt and your in Heaven on Earth!

Nice fish!!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Nice pics! sounds like good eatin! But a Grainbelt? I call it the Premium Challenge, if you can finish the whole beer without throwing up I’ll buy it! Ick!!

deeplake
    Iron, mn

mmmmmm. 1 cup ritz crumbs, 1 cup pancake batter and a couple tblspoons CAJUN!!! wash that down with “THE KING OF BEERS”!!

col._klink
    St Paul

Well when can we go to the bar??

You can buy me beer all night long!!

I am up to the challenge!

The king of beers? Maybe in Mexico……………

Bob Bowman
    MN

Nice pic’s Kev. We need to get together and hit Vermilly some time this fall.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.