What movie to see

• koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I plan on going to a movie this week. Way to hot for me to do anything after work outside.

Man I can’t wait for fall and winter.

I’ve got it narrowed down to 3 movies:

Davinci Code

Superman Returns

Pirates of the Caribbean

Any good or bad reviews?

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Pirates of the Caribbean…… gets my vote, saw it last night and the last hour the theater was in a daze. WOW that movie has a fast pace.

jhalfen

The wife and I saw the devil wears prada (her choice, not mine).

The first 3 minutes are designed to keep all the 30-60 year old guys in the audience focused and attentive for the rest of the movie.

The rest is ok. Lots of good sarcasm. Unfortunately no reprise of the first 3 minutes during the remainder of the show.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Thanks Brooktrout

A pack of wild horses couldn’t drag me to see that movie.

My kind of movies require a gun, sword or at least a knife wielding maniac and a good fist fight or I have a hard time watching them. A little T and A is ok too I guess.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I liked Superman Returns even though the plot was pretty weak. The casting was great though, and the special effects were really good.

mb757
    Dodgeville, WI

I saw the Pirates movie over the week end. It was 2 1/2 hours long but it didn’t seem like it. Like stated before it was fast paced and fun to watch. Mark

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I would say Pirates would be the one to see! I loved the first one and seen it many times. As far as the Devil Wears Prada I thought it was funny. It didn’t hurt that I knew one of the actors in the movie it did make it a little better but even without that it was a good movie. Just have to defend a movie that a local person is in.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks Brooktrout

A pack of wild horses couldn’t drag me to see that movie.

My kind of movies require a gun, sword or at least a knife wielding maniac and a good fist fight or I have a hard time watching them. A little T and A is ok too I guess.

I’d say Superman Returns then. Better yet just rent the movie, make some popcorn and you two can cuttle up on the couch and watch it.
    Thanks, Bill

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

skindog,
    my wife and I have not been to a movie in a long time, but went to see Superman last night. special effects were pretty good. and we had the WHOLE theater all to ourselves, so I felt I could yell at the screen whenever I wanted to. WE ate 2 large popcorns pretty easily.
    Jack..

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

I saw Pirates Monday night and while it was good I thought it didn’t quite measure up to the 1st one and it was too long… Still worth seeing

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Kraig- My vote would be Superman. I liked it. Do not even consider The Davinci Code, It is almost unwatchable. Love2Fish.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I haven’t seen the other two but Pirates is good. Johnny Depp is great in that role and the special effects/fight scenes are awesome. This one sets up the trilogy so be aware.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Funny you should say that John.

I went to the Davinci Code. I thought it was a good movie.

I’m a bit of a history buff. And it’s a Controversial subject that I find interesting. Hogwash in my opinion but interesting non the less.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Funny you should say that John.

I went to the Davinci Code. I thought it was a good movie.

I’m a bit of a history buff. And it’s a Controversial subject that I find interesting. Hogwash in my opinion but interesting non the less.

My wife drag me to Davinci a few weeks ago (first time in a theature in 6 years). The movie wasn’t bad if you don’t mind throwing logic out the window and believing everything they say. I found myself drifting off to sleep.

My recomendation, take the girl out for a night on the water, and leave the movies for the winter. I think I may just hold out for 7 years before going to another movie

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Haven’t seen any of the rest, but we went to “CLICK” with Adam Sandler and it is funny as all get out. If you like comedies, you will not be disappointed!

Plus has a nice message throughout (specially for us parents of young uns)

D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.