Fishing the Flowages in Wisconsin

• Anonymous

I’m lucky enough to have the weekend off to do some fishing…..Finally!!!!…Anyway I’m heading into northern Wisc. Crystal lake in dougals county. any one no how the bite has been? MY main fishing will prob. be on the Minong & St. Croix flowages…..anyword on the bite??? I’m use to fishing pool #4 on the mississippi.& haven’t fish this area for years.ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated…

SWANY

Anonymous

Well, I haven’t fished the aforementioned flowages, but I have fished the Turtle Flambeau. If these are similar as flowages go, I recommend fishing shallower than you ever would on a lake this time of year. Try stump fields and floating bog areas. For some reason, the flowage walleyes prefer a full live minnow over a jigged head. Tip-ups take 75% more fish! So if you can find a god spot to set-up, be wise in how you place your tip-ups out.

Use natural tie-downs(walleye funnels) to your advantage when placing your flags out. If you are near the old river channel of the flowage, try fishing and placing tip-ups on the channel break, and up on top first. Do not fear placing one in 4 feet of water or less.

ALso, try fishing later in the evening. I have experienced a big bite on the Turtle Flambeau 2 -3 hours after sun-down!

Good luck and let me know how you fair!!!

Keep the rods bendin’!! and the flags flying high!!!

Jim W

Anonymous

thanx!!! gives me a good idea on what to take… and where to start……will let all know how it went!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.