FTL Grand Slam Challenge 2002

• Anonymous

Since I’m the new guy I’m not sure if this has been done but I’m wondering if everyone is interested in a fishing contest that includes Wet rags, Bass, Pike & Muskie? OOPS I meant Walleye not Wet rags sorry. We all could meet at one lake and have a point system for each species… Call it the grand slam…. You need to get a certain size before you move on to the next type of fish.. Not thinking of a money contest…..no judges everything on your honor….just for bragging rights.

What do you guys think?

Steve

Beav

I think it would be cool. Instead of meeting at one lake, why not make it a season long thing. Submit your best fish measurements and total them up for a muti-species grand champion. We’re all trustworthy aren’t we? OK, photographic proof is needed. Walleye, muskie, largemouth, smallmouth, northern. Since there are no muskies in the river, why don’t we combine it with FTR and run it on both boards? I think it’s a cool idea.

Beav

Anonymous

I’m game. White Bear or Tonka would be great by me!!

Anonymous

Wet rags!!!!!!!!!!!!!New guy looking for the dog house.LOL Game on.I think I will bring that comment up at the walleye searchers meeting.Brett.

Anonymous

I am in!!!! We should organize a monthly outing for a two or three day event and at the end of the season total everything up. I know a few lakes that would be great.

Anonymous

Just a joke…they fight a little bit more than a wet rag!

) o

I just might be at that meeting!

Anonymous

LOL! Wet rags……………….You’re killing me! :OD I tend to side more with Beav’s idea. It’s hard for some of us to hit specific dates and places. I think it’s a great idea, but let’s keep it simple. After all, we’re fishermen, not chaotic theorists……………save that for the kids! J/K

If we do a 1-day, 1-lake outing, we should decide now to maximize participation. Anything else………………..I think it’d be easier to follow Beav’s input about a photo and measurements and limit the season from Memorial Weekend to Labor Day weekend, just so it doesn’t seem to drag on too long.

Would partners be required for the 1-lake idea?

Anonymous

Check out this thread over at FTR. I took the liberty of posting it over there and the guys are jumping at it. Good idea Steve.

Beav

MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

Sounds like a good idea to me. Although, once June 1st rolls around, it’s all muskies for this cat…only leaves me a couple weeks to catch the winning “wet rag.”

Matt Beulke

Anonymous

Midget,

Welcome to the site! Just to let you know If this thing comes together you will not be sharing time in my boat! I gotta spend enough time in Tournaments with you! But then again you are skilled at attracting “Eyes” with that Bulldawg of yours….Or is that football shaped gold thing that swiped at your lure still a Skie?

Steve

MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

Don’t even start with me Cady. You just stick to being the netman for my tourney muskies and we will be a good team.

Matt Beulke

Musky Nut Tackle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.