Baxter and brainerd fishing

• JonathanTegeler
    Manchester, Iowa

well me and my family made it up to minnesota again this year. the 1st day of fishing we decided to go to Mille Lacs..well, we hurd the bite was hot on slip’s so we did that on a reef and a drop off all day and only ended up with 4 or 5 eyes.. the next day we decided to hit up the Mission lakes. we launched on lower but ended up only gitting 2 small northern. so we hit upper mission in hope of some fish. we fished some weed edges and sarted catching lots of bass. we kept up the weed edge fishing out in about 15-16 ft of water casting in. we got i bet around 45 bass in all and 4 northern on upper. it was a great day compared to Mille Lacs . the next day we hit up lower misson again but we got on the water and the rain came in so we got 3 fish in befor that. The next day was no good we went to perch lake and all i got was a broken rod from seting the hook my brotehr did get a bass and perch though. the last day we fished Whipple with a relitive and got 6-8 bass and 4 or so northern. here are some pics

JonathanTegeler
    Manchester, Iowa

lots more pics. but hers my last one for now. me and 1 of my northern

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

sounds like you had a good time, dont you love gettin to fish new waters and find the fish, what a good time. nice fish
    -Aaron

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Not sure where “Mission Lakes” are, but I just came back from Cedar Lake near Aitkin. The fishing was not as good as usual, but we got by. It’s good to see a young man with your enthusiasm for fishing. Good luck in the future. Hope to see some posts in the Iowa fishing section.

Tim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.