Hooking up Electronics

• bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

I have a question about hooking up depthfinders/gps locators. I have a Lowrance x15mt , Garmin 240 and a vexilar FL18. Tiller boat so I have the Lowrance mounted in the back of the boat. Both the Garmin and the vexilar are in the front(the vex is hooked up to the built in transducer on the trolling motor). Will I have feedback problems if they (garmin and vexilar) are both powered by the same battery that runs the bow mount trolling motor? Should I have them hooked up to the starting battery in the back or would the front be ok? Any suggests or concerns you would care to share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Your probably going to have feedback problems because both the FL-18 and the Garmin run on 200KHZ. But you can use the IR on the FL-18 and try to cancel it out. Wiring to the same battery as the trolling motor may also cause feedback.

Don Hanson

I don’t like to run any electronics off my troling motor batteries. I would run the locators off your starting battery. What you can do is run the ground wires to the ground of your bow lights and run the hot wires to the positive of the trim and tilt (if you have one in the bow). That way you won’t have to run wires all the way back to your starter battery.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Awesome idea…Thanks for the input guys..I figured that I would have interference problems…might just have to elimiated the garmin completely…but I will definetly have them wired to the starting battery.

fish2live
    hampton,mn

i thought vex ran on a completely different freq. than other depth finders. cause i have run my fl-18 and lms-334 together and had no issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.