Morels!!!!!

• alkfish
    St Paul MN

It is that time of year again! Heading down to Missouri around easter then fill in time with Iowa and then MNmid may. Life will be real again……fish,turkeys, and the great morel!

Anyone else having spring time dreams?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

With all the rain we’ve been having plus the warmer temperatures eveybody i know that hunts them is thinking this year is atleast going to be a good year to a very good one. Last year was good with some guys getting 60 to 80 pounds. A few years ago some guys were literally filling thier refringerators to the brim with just enough room for a gallon of milk, no kidding and getting $30 a pound for them. It looks like a good spring coming and the greys should be popping in the next couple weeks here for sure, i’ll post when they start to go.

bigpike

Yes this wet spring will help, all we need is good warm weather in due time here, mushrooms usually pop around May 10th in this area, looking forward to pan fried shroons in butter and garlic

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thier probably starting to look now down on the missouri border for greys. Thier 2 weeks ahead of where im at in Cedar Rapids and i know they’ll be poping here in 2 weeks. Its won’t be long now umm umm umm

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

If anyone has an extras they would like to sell I am in the west metro and do not know of any places to go hunting form them myself so I usually end buying 3-5 lbs each year and fry them up with the family

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

Heck ya! im lookin forward to searchin for some morels around lyle and at doug and joannnes…they taste darn good! im goin to do some trout fishin tomorrow but with all the rain we are gettin i dono how thats gonna turn out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.