Lowrance LCX-16cl Questions

• bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Anybody have one of these units? Likes/Dislikes? Thinking about purchasing one, any info would help.

Thanks!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

bowhuntr24, We’ve come quite a ways since the LCX-16C. It was a pretty good unit in it’s day but there were a lot of complaints about it’s viewability in sunlight. The newer units have a new type of screen (solarmax) that allows for viewing in sunlight on color Lowrance units. Unless you’re getting one heckuva good deal, I don’t think I’d throw my coin at old technology. My 2 cents.

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

If you get one dirt cheap, you can get a solar max screen installed for I think around a 100.00 bucks. I have one and have had troubles with the screen scrambling from time to time, slap it a couple times and it comes to it’s senses. If it were me I would spend the money and get the new technology in a new unit, most of the new mapping chips won’t work in the LCX16-ci. I’m trying to figure out which unit to buy also( I know it will be Lowrance) just don’t know which one.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Now I am sure you have heard this question before, but what unit would you suggest, I really want to go color, but can’t see myself spending BIG BIG coin for like the x25.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Too keep cost down, you can get into the 5-inch color combos like the Lowrance LMS-332C for a little over $600. If you’re willing to spend more you can move up from there, but that unit is probably the most bang for your buck short of moving closer to the $1000 range. I have many happy 332C customers, and I run one myself. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you need any help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.