Need help finding a Family Vac. Rst. North Minn

• carphunter
    SE IOWA

I’m looking for a resort to take my faimly (wife and three young kids) to the beginning of June. If anyone has any ideas that would meet the following criteria please let me know.

Newer cabin on a lake large enough to tube and ski. television in cabin
    heated swiming pool
    sand beach
    playground
    lake with good fishing (much more important to me than television)

I’v looked at hundreds of web sites but would like some imput from past customers or locals.

thanks

Chad

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Breezy Point On pelican lake fishing is great

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

We go to Brookside Resort every year. No TV’s but we bring our own, so the kids can watch movies. It is a great place, LOTS to do for the entire family. Golf, swimming, playground, volleyball, ect. I really enjoy the 2 hour daycare that way the wife and I have a little free time to do our things.
    Fishing is good to great most years. Pan fish, Bass, Northerns and even some Walleyes.
    Need anymore info let me know

Ron

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

GOLF!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Beckers Resort on Winni.

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

Nodak Lodge on Big Winni, Horseshoe Bay Resort on Leech Lake, Cedar Point Resort on Big Sand, Stony Point Resort on Kabetogama

All should meet your needs, the only thing I can’t vouch for is TV…

Fireball

I Have to agree with Nodaks or Beckers on Winnie. With plenty of fish to catch

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Let me rephrase that FREE Golf. The week that we go, its the only time I golf all year.

Ron

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Never stayed at Beckers, but Nodak and McCardels both fit the bill. Very good fishing that time of year!

-J.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Let me rephrase that FREE Golf. The week that we go, its the only time I golf all year.

Ron

No free Golf at Beckers ,but in Cass Lake there’s a nice CHEAP GC.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Rutgers on the north end of Lake Bemidji. They have cabins, game room, indoor & outdoor pools, beach, bar & restaraunt on site, golf course just down the road. The hotel was decent and the cabins looked nice. We stayed there this last summer for the FLW walleye league tournament and it was a really fun place.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Look into Tomahawk Lodge in Black Duck. The cabins are not new by any means but they are well kept and funrished. Nice lodge, heated outdoor swimming pool, TV in your cabins (for an extra charge or you can bring your own). There is a golf course within walking distance of the resort. Boat comes with the cabin. All kinds of activities for the kids such as paddle boats and bicycles. The last time I took my daughters there they were getting into horses as well but I couldn’t tell you if they offer trail rides yet or not. My daughters spent most of their time at the pool. The town of Black Duck is about a mile east of the resort. As far as fishing goes Black Duck lake has been very good to me. Huge bluegills, crappies and jumbo yellow perch if you are into pan fishing and I have done very well on walleyes. The lake isn’t huge so it doesn’t get nearly as rough on a windy day as would a large body of water. The lake is actually part of the Red Lake/River system. I have seen deer swimming in the lake as well as feeding in a field adjacent to the resort. Great place to spend a week.

Eyehunter

big_g
    Isle, MN

Brian, I see how you jumped right on the golf !!! You must love it !!!

g

dp
    Rochester,mn

IN-WE-GO resort on crow wing 8 it is about a 400 acre lake with access to two other lakes by small channel. Have tv with vcr/dvd in each cabin, also have beach large playround for kids and even a heated swimmingpool. We used to own a cabin in that area but sold it and this is the resort we go to because we like the area. Between the three lakes you have access to it offers lots of species of fishing. The owner are nice and rate reasonable compared to other places we have looked. Feel free to pm with any questions. web site is http://www.inwegoresort.com

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

http://www.grandviewlodge.com

This is my favorite. Located on Gull. Take a look something for everyone. You may even get some time to fish alone!

Yes Chris, another great resort.

DO me a favor next time you are there, say to my father as he is the head guide for Grand View. I grew up just down the road.

Briank, It also has some great GOLF courses.

Ron

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I will second Brookside Resort. I have gone the last two summers and it is a blast. It is definitely the perfect family resort. There aren’t many young punks (22) like me running around. I love golfing up there because I get to leave the driver in the bag. All the holes are 180 yds. or less. They have activities every day. I took advantage of the skiing last year, and couldn’t really move the rest of the trip.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Dan you making it up this year? You and Tara can probably get a room in my cabin.

Ron

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I would say nodak is what your looking for. Thats where I plan to be the first half of june. book soon because it goes fast. tell roger and missy ida says hi

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

carp – check out Dan and Carol’s resort at http://www.northstarlakeresort.com/

our family of 6 went there for 2 years and then decided to go to Disney in Orlando. The next year I asked where they’d prefer to go, we went back north versus south. THis place is designed around kids but allows adults some time to get away for short fishing trips. We caught some nice ‘eyes when we were there and my stepson took second place in the kids fishing contest with a smallie that was just under 7 lbs.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Ron,
    No guarantees on anything this summer. I am graduating in May and looking for a job. I’ll have to see what I end up with before I get pumped for the summer.

carphunter
    SE IOWA

thanks for your help guys this will keep me busy for awhile

chad

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

http://www.headolakeresort.com

This resort does not have a pool, but everything else. Good walleye, great panfish for kids, very nice beach, within minutes of a McDonalds, nice restaurant next door plus they are relation !!

Tell them Mike J sent yah…

fishinfool
    mn

MAY BE AWFUL COLD WATERSKIING THE FIRST OF JUNE, I WOULD GO ABOUT AUGUST IF YOU WANT TO SKI IN NORTHERNMOST MINN

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.