stike lite auger

• rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I have never owner a power auger ( there for old guys ). Guess old is here, I have read alittle about the strike lite an seen it at strikemasters web site.I have some concerns re; 4 cycle starting in the cold, the RPM’s seem lower than the 2 cycles, does that mean it’s slower cutting. We don’t have any in shops around here so I cant look at one. It’s hard to spend 500.00 dollars on something that could end up as an anchor( if it’s junk )any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance. Ron

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

i like the idea of not having to mix gas and oil but i don’t know how well made that they made it. i looked at one and it looked like it had a plastic auger that part i didn’t really like and i would think a 4 cycle would have more power than this one does but i guess i might have to try one out over the winter. just my .02

blufloyd

I figure its made out of the delrin stuff lawn mower motor covers are. All of them JD garden tractors that push snow around here start right up. I am thinking my pickup motor is probably 4 cycle too. If a 3/8 electric drill can bust hole anything can. It’s rpms not how hard you push on it.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

If your going to spend $500 I would go with the fastest lightest auger out, a Nilmaster.

Other wise you would be more then happy with the Strike-Lite 4 stroke auger they cut just fine and with synthetic auger blade it’s very light and of course Strikemasters customer service is second to none if there were problems with the Strike-Lite.

Good Luck let us know what you do….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.