Tonka Bass

• jexeri

I wanted to check and see if anyone has been on Minnetonka in the last few days -week. I haven’t fished it since early Oct. when the temp in spots was in the lower to mid 50’s, have been traveling around the region since. I imagine the water is well into the mid 40’s by now. Was thinking of heading out there this weekend, with a freind from out of town. checking to see if the BAss action has been decent, thanks.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Not sure about Tonka , but I can say hi to a month old newby and congrats on your first post

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Welcome Bronzy. Can’t say I know anything about the bass on Tonka, but someone here should chime in. Also check the west metro forum located under the Minnesota forum. You may find some usefull info there too!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Bronzy,
    Welcome to IDA, you are going to like it HERE.
    I was on tonka last monday, which was one day after the sunday cold front. bassin was very slow, the water temps were upper 40’s at least. did great one nice walleye trolling in Seton lake (see post, west metro). let us know how you do.
    Jack..

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Haven’t been out myself. Call Tim over at Wayzata Bait and Tackle. He will know whats going on. Tim’s another closet basser. This time of year he actually get fish.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I haven’t been out there for awhile.

However, I would bet that a good jig/pig or a tube should find you fish around sharp breaks along the weed lines.

My guess is that the fish are going to be a bit deeper right now with the turn over.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.