I cant take it!!

• Lardy
    SDSU via Savage, MN

October 1st is wayy to far away, I cant keep my mind off opener. I fixed our blinds and practiced my calls for awhile to tide me over I was just wondering what everyone else has been doing to prepare for opener and if anyone has any new ideas theyre gonna try for the season.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Pretty much the same thing. I can’t figure out why the wife gets mad when I call in the house I think I sound pretty good Got the boat ready, got the dekes ready, have our camping spot all brushed out, and dreaming of opener. This is going to be a long wait

kris_brantner
    My river

i have been doing alot of things to get ready, watching movies, blowing on calls (which even in the offseason is constant, wonder if thats why i go through so many reeds?, train the dog and get him in shape, scouting new spots and making sure they is even any water in the old ones, and of course preparing always includes the buying of new stuff. shells, decoys, more calls, camo, more decoys, and such. i have been goose hunting so that really helps break the excitement of the opener. also if you are old enough, take a kid for the youth day. no you dont get to shoot ducks, buy they do and its worth it seeing the look in their eyes when they get one one. plus, its great to get the dogs out and on birds early so they are even more ready for the fall.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.