Kabetogama

• 3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

Heading to Kabetogama on Labor Day. I’ll be there 3-4 days depending on the fishing. Anyone have any tips on this lake? It will be my first shot at it. Would love to go up there with a trick or two up my sleeve to impress the wife. I will be buying a good map soon as well. Anything would be appreciated!!
    Thanks, Wayne

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I will be on Sandpoint for the same weekend! I am also looking for any tips/tricks…never been there before.

Good luck to you!

n80613

I go up to Sandpoint a lot and some of the best walleyes I have caught there have come dragging rapalas around marker 22. The smallies and bigger northern seem to like hanging around the Three Sisters islands near the north end of Sand Point. Leeches and Nitro worms (the green crawlers) seem to work the best for everything up there. Good Luck!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

When running give a WIDE berth to the marker bouys. I found they are not on top of the rocks.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I go up to Sandpoint a lot and some of the best walleyes I have caught there have come dragging rapalas around marker 22. The smallies and bigger northern seem to like hanging around the Three Sisters islands near the north end of Sand Point. Leeches and Nitro worms (the green crawlers) seem to work the best for everything up there. Good Luck!

I could not find marker 22 on Sandpoint??? I found it on the West end of Namakan???? Is that what you meant? Also I could not find 3 Sisters Island either . I could find 3 sister reef on Nsmakan also???? Any help would be appreciated

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Lip..what map do you have? I have a “Lake maps” map for both Sand point and Crane…looking for better ones.

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Wayne- We go there every Aug. You will probably enter the park at the Ash River Vistor Center. The ranger station office has a gift shop. You can buy a navigation map there for about $10. It is a large map- all the islands,navigation buoys etc are clearly marked. Popular fishing spots are also marked. We spend most of our time on Namakan with the border running thru the middle of the lake. I would’nt go without the map. As for fishing walleyes that time of year- bring plenty of crawlers-they seem to work the best. Good Luck Maybe we’ll see you there. Steve

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the info Steve!

Quote:

Lip..what map do you have? I have a “Lake maps” map for both Sand point and Crane…looking for better ones.

Fish, I have maps from the county lake book you can get. THey sell them all over, Gander, etc. I have them in a 3 ring binder of the whole chain, kind of slick. Makes things easy between that and the GPS and chip. If you are located near by or give me your address and see if I can mail you a copy.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

STEVE, We are going to be up there aug 13-18 also going out of ash river thru Ebels house boats. when are you going up? HEY LIP, are you guys still planning on stopping buy for a few we will be having a big supper that night and we could plan on making it bigger if you guys wanted to stay for supper too. Every one is welcome.We could have the first annual NAMAKAN LALA PALOOZA . Let me know.
    SEEYA Corey

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Corey any idea where you are going to be at yet Saturday night? I do not have a marine radio

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Lip…sent you an e-mail…Hope to hear good things from both of your trips..

corey_waller
    hastings mn

do you have a motorola type radio? I will let you know what island we will be close to and we can call on the radio from there. I have to look at a map but I will let you know soon. see ya, Corey

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Corey I do have a Motorolla. What channel you going to be on? I will turn it on Saturday Afternoon! You board your house boat about 1 pm?

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I will be on channel 8 sub channel 0 we will be on namakan island sat. so look for us there
    see ya there

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.