One lucky guy

• emover
    Malcom, IA

I have to admit, I am one lucky guy. Last Friday i was able to secure the weekend off to visit my son, and make arrangements to pickup our (new to us) boat. I left for Spirit Lake about 4pm and got to Derek’s about 8. We enjoyed a delicious dinner his girlfriend Heather prepared, and we hit the sack early for a big day Saturday.

We left at 6am for Mille Lacs, neither of us have ever been, and with a brief stop at Cabela’s near Owatonna, we arrived at Bobber’s(Bob Carlson’s) aroound 1:30 in the HOT afternoon. It would be impossible to have found a nicer person to purchase a boat from. Bob is great, he waxed up the boat, greased bearings, had everything in the mint condition as if it were brand spanking new. He has kept every piece of important paperwork ever issued for his baby, and passed them along to my son and I. After an hour or so shakedown cruise, in which Bob explained way more than my feable mind could possible grasp.(it’s grreat to have a son with a good memory) I managed not to capsize our new boat, Derek is a much beeter boater than I am, we were loading up and getting ready for our 6 hour drive back to Iowa, and a weekend of getting familiar with our new rig. Bob helped us get loaded up, showed us how evrything should be, and even provided cold refreshment on a HOT day. I know we are extremely lucky to have the opportunity to give Bob’s baby a new home, and believe me Derek and I will try to provide the TLC this rig has always received from him.

After an exciting trip back to Iowa, including almost losing the top off the Jeep at about 70mph, and taking it down on the side of the I-90 at about 8:30 at night, we have been enjoying this weekend, and I gotta go, cause were heading back out on the water. Thanks again Bob for all your help, you’re one great guy

dave

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Isn’t that the one that was upside down on opener?

Just kidding. Nice rig.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dave, you can tell by Bobber’s posts that he know’s his stuff and takes care of it…I’m guessing that rig is “better” than new!

Catch a biggun!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’ve been in that boat and it’s as nice as all the posts talking about it have stated. Hurry up and get your new rig Bob! Chummin’ from my own boat just isn’t the same!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Enjoy your new ride!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks guys, I have just spent two days trying to learn. It is a sweet rig and hopefully someday I will prove to be worthy of it.

dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.