willowcat common and latin name

• ripper

Anyone know exactly what type of fish these are? I am curious to know.

Thanks

ripper

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if they were tadpole madtoms or stonecats.

Much appreciated.

Jira

The definition of minnows to include willow cats in MN looks like it’s going to happen. The bill reads…

[MINNOWS.] “Minnows” means: (1) members of the minnow family, Cyprinidae, except carp and goldfish; (2) members of the mudminnow family, Umbridae; (3) members of the sucker family, Catostomidae, not over 12 inches in length; (4) bullheads, ciscoes, lake whitefish, goldeyes, and mooneyes, not over seven inches long;(5) leeches; and (6) tadpole madtoms(willow cats) and stonecats.

It has passed in the MN House and the Senate vote should come soon.
    Here is a link to the bill’s status.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Oh, Oh…Brian K is going to blow! They did not listen to our bullhead argument!
    Arrrrgh! Or, did I read it wrong?
    Tuck

Jira

I think BrianK can rest easy… I’m no politician, but I think this bill only addresses willow cats in the “minnow” definition and is unrelated to to the bullhead length effort.

I think it’s a great change… even though they poke ya, make ya bleed, and make your arm numb. Now just need to figure out how to get James to come along so he can bait my hook!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

even though they poke ya, make ya bleed, and make your arm numb

You been fishing with Eye-Guide too!

That exactly it. The bullhead issue is a rule…and after June 18th the Commissioner makes a decision and then it’s on the books.
    The above will be a law and needs to be signed by the govenor.

I’m not panicing…yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.