Colon Cancer

• nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Hey Guys and Gals
    was just wondering if any of you have any knowledge on Colon Cancer,
    I have done several searches on the web and have not found out all that much.
    the reason I ask is because a Very close freind of mine. has been sick and seen by a couple of doctors and they thought this might be a possibility. and I am concerned and trying to get as much info so I can help support this friend of mine while he is going thru these battles.
    Thanks for any info or experiences you may share.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Colon Cancer is the third highest thing that kills people. I would suggest that he gets himself checked out VERY quickly. There is no time to fool around. It needs to be treated early and right away. Might be best to go to the emergancy room now. Don’t wait, a life is at stake.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Nate,

Early detection and treatment is very important as your father has pointed out. If your friend needs a physician, give me a call and I can give you a couple references for second opinions or further testing. Kurt 507-365-8370

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

cHECK ALSO UNDER Crohns and ulcertive colitis. These can all lead to colon cancer so there should be some link or something!

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Nate- you have a (very long) pm- I cut and pasted from mdconsult which gives a good overview in mostly non-medical terms- diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, etc. I thought it might be too long to send but i think it went through. If you have more ?s feel free to email me at [email protected] or pm me. Fyi- I am a family doc- have had to deal with this lots- the first thing needed is a colonoscopy with biopsy plus labs (probably already done) then maybe colectomy. IF you catch it early enough it can be “cured” (with a possibility of relapse) with surgery +/- chemo +/- radiation. How old is your friend? That is very unfortunate and hopefully everything will turn out well. JJ

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Anyone over 30 should at least have a sigamoscopy done. They run a Aqua-View up your @ss. Its alot of fun.

It actually only takes about 3 minutes and feels like someone is shooting air up your

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I know Jon Jordan goes in weekly to be checked.

I think he does it for the magazines though…..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No disrespect towards John but that last remark was #$@$@^$ FUNNY!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Well, they way my poker game is going lately, I should have a weekly checkup!

But seriously Nate, I know 2 guys who went down with colon cancer. What I know is if it’s caught early, it’s cureable. If not, I can’t think of a more horrible way to be taken out……..

-J.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.