Berkley Vanish Transition

• slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

Has anyone tried the new Berkley Vanish Transition? It alledgedly is highly visible above the water, but disappears under the water. I looked at a 300 yard spool at Dick’s SPorting Goods and it appeared to be light gold colored, but I did not think it was really what you would call high visibility. They don’t give it away either at $14.99 a spool. Not opposed to giving it a try, but thought I was ask around first.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

In my opinion that is NOT a hi-vis line and would work poorly if that’s what you’re looking for your line to be above the water… visible.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

I was going to buy Berkley Vanish but on some good advise from a pro that post on this Web site he suggested trying the CXX P Line

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I used it for the first time at the FBYO tourney, and I couldn’t see anything! THe only time you could see anything was when the sun was out. Definetly not hivis..

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Ditto for me!

slammin eyes
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks guys,

Appreciate the input. I think that I’ll pass on that product!!!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

WOW!!!
    Don’t know what to say.I helped test this line last year and had 2 very good bass anglers from Ohio and Mass. in my boat. I thought his line worked great and was very easy to see above the water.Infact after a cast you could reel your line in real fast and watch this line turn from a clear color to a very easy to see gold color.
    Yes Purefishing does help me with a few things but when it came time to put new line on my baitcaster I line watch with this spring I went with Transition,I liked it that much.And it cost me #16.99 at the Outlet Store.
    Ryan Hale

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I plan on trying it again in warmer weather when I am fishing the ultra clear water up North for Smallies on Tubes N PLastics Ryan.
    I dont know where my buddy got his last November but it was pretty coily and though better than clear line was not a HI VIS like Solar XT.
    Probably the 18 degee temps didn’t help.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Tom, for casting none of the Vanish lines work well when in in cold weather.Infact they can be very hard to handle when cold.Give that Transition a try when your fishing those smallies in clear water and let me know what you think.
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I haven’t had a chance to try transition yet but I use regular Berkley Vanish for my leader line in many situations. In clear water it’s a must in my book. Like Ryan said, it’s not very good on the spool but as leader line it’s great.

Don Hanson

I Used transition today, mostly for pitching jigs. I was satisfied with the castability and performance while fighting fish. I soaked the line overnight before spooling and did not have any problems with it coiling off the spool.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I took a pic of some Transition line today on my spool for those of you who have not seen it.
    Ryan hale

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.