Main Index screen goes white

• Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Why does the main index page go white? I come to this site, and after a minute or so, everything but top header crashes, and the screen goes white-it doesn’t happen on any of the other pages. It takes another minute or so for everything to come back up. This is the only website where this happens. I’ve gone to the “my cookies” page and erased them, but that doesn’t help. I’m not on a real computer-I use MSNTV (formerly known as WEBTV) maybe that has something to do with it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No, Kim I don’t have that problem. I’m GUESSING it has something to do with this sites “refresh” settings and your webtv.

Has it ever worked properly?

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Hello BrianIt did work ok at one time, but has been doing this for a long time now. It’s kind of aggrevating.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, I have been getting the same thing for a week or so now. Everything slows waaaaaay down and when you switch pages the white screen thing happens

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hmmmm… may be an issue with the server struggling to keep up when searches are being conducted or during other peak periods of traffic. I’ve not seen anything like that though. AMWatson, when the site slows down, how long does that last? Briefly or are the extended periods of time when this site is slow for you and other sites are performing normally?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

James-It is a brief thing and usually when there is a lot of traffic. I wonder if it isn’t related to all the traffic from the Wisconsin Quarter deal It does happen on other sites as well, of course I only go to 1or 2 other sites I am not a puter dude, but I am sure it is related to the times of peak activity.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

OK. Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.