President Bush Visit – Hudson Aug 18th

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Did you hear he made it down to River Falls too? He got to toss the football with the Kansas City Chiefs. It almost killed my support for him because he didn’t go to Mankato but then I realized he didn’t go visit the Packers either so I’ll it slide.

Cool mention? He paid a visit to the Cady Cheese factory! Good curds there! REAL good curds!

My sister and nephew got some pictures of the motorcade as it came through town. They were pretty excited about it!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I was on 94 going east when his motorcade passed. Pretty impressive, knowing that in those black suburbans passing by there was enough firepower to basically kill everyone in a five mile radius! Didn’t delay me too much, but my wife was joking about voting for Kerry because it took her twice as long to get home.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, It’s time to nuke this post. My intent was to talk about the presidents visit and the affect it would have on access to the St. Croix river. I should have realized it would turn into political debating.

Sandbar

Sorry about that sandbar. You weren’t looking for the commentary I took the liberty of adding and yeah…… this one got “cooking” just a bit. The unfortunate thing about your post is the timing. If it weren’t an election year, with only 75 days remaining until the choice must be made, it would’ve stayed focused but you know,…………. we’ve been getting hammered about this for a long time and I don’t know about you but it gets tiring and I do believe we tend to get a little short-fused about things near our hearts.

My apologies for turning the post in the wrong direction sandbar.

Thanks Kid,
    It’s really not that big of a deal. I was really more interested in the security end of things and how it would directly affect river access. The Hudson marina was closed from 12:00-6:00 yesterday. If you were in the marina and on your boat before noon, you couldn’t leave until 6:00 pm. It was very impressive for Hudson to have a sitting President visit the town. REGARDLESS if it’s a democrat or republican.
    O.K. now we should get back to fishing! (And maybe a couple cold ones!)

Sandbar

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

[quote (And maybe a couple cold ones!)

Sandbar

Agreed!

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I think rather than have several presidential debates, that all the candidates should get together for a day of friendly fishing! Peace and harmony starts with our own leaders, what better way to get along than fishing!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I would like to applaud everyone on this post for keeping this post civil, just goes to show that we have a great group of people here and can talk about these hot topics without personal attacks on each other, and yes I also agree lets get back to talking fishin now.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Hey Skhartke,
    I see you live in Somerset, do you stop into the Rendevous for a cold one once in while? I used to work for Rivard’s Masonry/Stone company, (across from the Lochness ) after work we would stop by the local establishments in Somerset for a few cold ones. Had some pretty good times at the Rendevous, George and Faye Ring are nice people.

Sandbar

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

You know, I’m more of a Sportsman’s Bar kind of guy. I’ve had many cold ones there after work..
    Last time I was in the Rendezvous, was when I still lived in Woodbury, and went there for a Vikings game that was blacked out locally. Years ago! So, anyone up for a beer?

Wadsworth

I agree that this thread is heading in the wrong direction, I understand that it is just one person saying “hey, the President’s coming to our town”, and I agree that is definately noteworthy, no matter who you support, but I wasn’t prepared, and still won’t stand by and watch unchecked bashing on the person I support for president, as I would imagine the Bush supporters would also not want to tolerate if I jumped on a thread and made it into a Bush bashing thread. My last response to the questions posed to me about where I get my information will be short.

Senator John McCain acknowledged in a televised interview that I saw a couple days ago (sorry, I cannot remember which outlet) that this was the same group that initiated attacks against his war record in 2000. McCain at the same time called for Kerry to condemn ads from other groups (not Kerry’s campaign) that questioned Bush’s service record. Kerry quickly did that. At the same time, McCain called on Bush to do the same for the adds attacking Kerry that the Bush administration says that they did not do, Bush refused to do condemn the attacks on Kerry. As far as where my information comes from making Bush untrustworthy, that is plain for anyone to see. False pretense for war, promising to strengthen environmental protection for our remaining habitat, then stripping away protection to national forests, and an all out attempt to destroy the clean water act that allows you to eat the eyes you catch that you weren’t supposed to eat before the clean water act (remember that?) I could go on, but this isn’t the place. I do not get my information from liberal media figures, as I hope Bush supporters don’t pay too much attention to people like Limbaugh, Heston, Robertson, and Cloutier (SP?) If people pay attention to the actions, proposals, records, and alliances of candidates, instead of left or right leaning media figures, they would have a much better idea of what their candidate is all about.

With that, I will close my responses to this thread out of respect for the person who started it as a casual conversation.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.