A.I.S. transporter possible found!

• carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

We haven’t had much for A.I.S. News lately, so I thought I’d share these I shot last night.

This Snapper laying her eggs, with the back of her shell covered with algae and whatever else?

Now, I’m sure we’ll get lots of opinions here, but sure looks like this girl could be transporting some type’s of A.I.S. !st time I’ve seen one covered with algae and other fragments of weeds like this girl has, but how likely is it she has transported some A.I.S.?

How many more like her are out there moving plants around?

This one so happens to be near a lake w/o a public access and I’ve never seen a boat on this lake surrounded by thick vegetation and woods on Park Reserve Property. Now however, it is infested with Milfoil. The only boat’s I know that have been on this lake is the DNR for Fisheries Surveys.

How did it get infested with Milfoil?

I am talking of Stone Lake in the Carver Park Reserve, just off Highway 7 in Victoria, within 1-mile of Lake Minnetonka and within 2-miles of 5-other lakes with Milfoil.

Opinions???

carver
    West Metro

There are people that fish it with boats and trolling motors.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Snappers and beavers transport AIS IMO..

timmy

It does NOT fit the agenda. It does NOT warrant funding. No group can benefit from this.

Therefore, it is not possible.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hey, they admit the spread cannot be stopped, only slowed. This fits the agenda

briansmude

A friend of mine swears he seen a snapping turtle covered with zebra mussel crossing the road. He even stopped and got out of his truck to get a better look.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just slap one of those DNR stickers on it and should be good to go.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

A friend of mine swears he seen a snapping turtle covered with zebra mussel crossing the road. He even stopped and got out of his truck to get a better look.

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

I wonder if people prefer stepping on a colony of zeebs, a snapping turtle or both at the same time?

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I watch eagles and blue herons drop fish from the doenstream side of the dam to the upstream side almost on a daily basis

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I watch eagles and blue herons drop fish from the doenstream side of the dam to the upstream side almost on a daily basis

…and they are flying over the lock.

See! STOPCARP.org is right!! Those locks are going to be the death of the river!!

Shut them all down Gov Dayton and Mr. President!!

Crap, there I go again!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Missed out on a good dinner, there!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Quote:

It does NOT fit the agenda. It does NOT warrant funding. No group can benefit from this.

Therefore, it is not possible.

+1

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Missed out on a good dinner, there!

You like eating algae off the back of a snapper?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

You like eating algae off the back of a snapper?

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.