Cabela’s GuideWear

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

I have a set of Guide Wear that is quite old (15) yrs. The legs are coming undone in the seams. I was told that Guide Wear has a life time warranty. Now they are balking.What do you suggest??

Gundy

troutbum
    St. Paul

Throw them in the garbage.

Go to the store and buy another pair.

Or…cotinue fighting with employees for a free pair, then brag to friends about retail victory against the big box store.

Oh, you will probably help some cabelas employee win or at least place respectably, in the annual “craziest customer demands of 2014”

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I would email cabelas customer service and ask to honor the warranty. At least you will find out what Cabelas figures what a lifetime is in years. I am sure the warranty factored into your decision to buy them so I would go after them. Good luck!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Please post the warranty info. I can’t post an honest opinion unless I read the warranty.

I’ve never understood lifetime warranty anyway. Is it your lifetime or the product? If it’s the product, I’d say warranty void, the product life is over.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

So what is the lifetime of something in years that the average guy wears 3-4 times a year?

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Can you be a bit more specific ? What are they balking about ?

Thanks.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

The Cabelas lifetime warranty is not actually a lifetime warranty. Guide Wear has a warranty of 1 year unless you purchase the exteded warranty which will give you another 2 years. You also need to have your original receipt.

I had an issue with a product that was like new and outside of that 1 year period. I discussed this with the manager and they took care of me but if your gear is 15 years old I don’t think you will have the same results.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

It may suck to eat the impression you had from term of lifetime warranty, but clothing is a wear out type of item. Nothing last forever, so if you feel 15 years of service was good… I’d go buy another set, and hope it is made half as well. Fabrics have come a long ways in 15 years… quality, maybe not so much.

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

I would highly suggest checking out Columbia Sportswear.

When purchasing water proof clothing from them not only is there a lifetime warranty against broken zippers and manufacturing defects they stand behind it.

I wear the heck out of my waterfowl hunting clothing and have returned multiple jackets. No receipt needed.

Cabela’s started off with a great warranty years ago but it changed a few years ago and they don’t honor the original customers. And yes I am NOT a cabelas fan.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Just mail them in to the NE home office –

All will be right in your world in two weeks

Dog

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I returned a pair of waders because they ripped out at the seam after 2 years
    They balked on replacing them as well even though I still had the receiptand on the back of the receipt it said all footwear had a lifetime warranty

They explained that the lifetime warranty means the normal life of a product under normal use and conditions

In this case they told me they believed that these $180 wAnders I bought have seen there full use and were considered the exceed their life expectancy

The best they would do is give me a $30 discount on a new pair

Quote:

I would highly suggest checking out Columbia Sportswear.

When purchasing water proof clothing from them not only is there a lifetime warranty against broken zippers and manufacturing defects they stand behind it.

X2

I’ve had a great success Columbia standing behind their products.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Lifetime is misleading. Its the life of the product however that is defined. A good thing to ask when you buy a product.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You paid twice the cost of that product when purchased. Give them heck.

jack conrad

I have not seen in print anywhere a lifetime warranty on cabelas guide wear just on websites like this

Red Oak
    Inactive

Quote:

A good thing to ask when you buy a product.

Been there done that. Sales people will tell you and promise you anything to make a sale. It is dang rare when you go back to any of the big stores and find the same sales person still employed after 6 months. They come and go like yesterdays news. One of the standard lines you always hear is that ” who ever told you that was wrong, I don’t know why they would have said that”

Suck it up and move on.

RO

rtni00
    NULL

Expecting something like that to “last a lifetime” is pretty ridiculous.

I would be thrilled in the fact that 15 years of use you were able to get of them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! Hey Gundy?

Do they still fit?

I have a set of Gamehide bibs and jacket that still look pretty darn good after 7 or so years, but the bibs are a little tight in some areas….

Personally, I think after 15 years they own you nothing, but on the other hand, if they are selling them with a “lifetime warranty” and you read the fine print at the time, they owe you something.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.