video software

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Is there a program out there I can download to change the size of videos? I have a fishing video that is over 200 mb, so that makes it hard to do anything with it. I’m wondering if I can compress it somehow so I can share it? Keep in mind I’m very novice at this. Thanks

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Why not just upload it to Youtube? If you only want certain people to view it, you can password protect it.

-J.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Along that same thought train, how about a free program to do simple editing of GoPro footage? I just want to be able to trim out dead space, maybe add some voice over and title blocks.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You guys on Windows or Macs? I assume Windows, since most know about the editing software bundled with Macs.

How old is your GoPro? My nephew a while back used the software that comes with the GoPro and he said he liked it.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I thought GoPro came with editing software?

I use the software that came with my ProSport. Google up Arcsoft. Basic, easy to use video editing. Looks like they have a free trial version.

-J.

sandmannd

Windows 7 and up comes with Movie Maker. Not a pro software at all but does the job.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Quote:

You guys on Windows or Macs? I assume Windows, since most know about the editing software bundled with Macs.

How old is your GoPro? My nephew a while back used the software that comes with the GoPro and he said he liked it.

Windows8 (sucks) got the GoPro this winter, just started playing with it. I’ll have to check the box but don’t remember seeing anything to upload. Maybe the book has a code or something, I haven’t went to the GoPro site.

I’m a computer novice, so it has to be simple to use.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hear you on the simple to use. If a guy wanted to go crazy he could spend hours on a 5 minute clips.

I have software that came with my Dell that I wouldn’t recomend to anyone. Its a pain to use and they tried making it basic and simple.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Quote:

Looks like you can get the GoPro software free at GoPro:

http://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-studio-edit-software

-J.

Jon,
    Thanks, I’ll have to down load that tonight on my home computer. The most that can happen is that I’ll mess up some rather bland footage. Seems wearing my go pro is the kiss of death when it comes to actually reeling a fish in on camera.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The software, if it is worth anything, should work with copies of your files and save the originals. Most video software uses the raw footage as reference and when it renders will copy what it needs.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Funny you brought this up today. I just saw this. Looks like a free sneak peek at some Sony cloud software. I just registered and I am going to peek at it later.

Sony Ci

mustfish

If you use a Mac, MPEG Streamclip is a great option.

My Canon camera produces huge movie files since it does not compress the audio.

I use iMovie for combining many clips into a movie, but if you only have one big clip, just drag it onto MPEG Streamclip.

After it opens, select “Export to Quicktime” and use AAC sound encoding. The result is much smaller and still sounds great.

Dave

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

True, I could go the youtube route, and might. This is off my GF’s phone and not a gopro.
    I may look at the go pro software and see if I can use it for this as well though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.