Should kids fish count toward adults limit?

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I ask this because of what I saw this weekend.

I saw 4 adults with 10 kids under the age of ten fishing on shore. If each kid could catch a limit, the party could legally keep 14 limits of white bass or 490 white bass a day.

The kids were fishing for the most part when I saw them twice… coming and going from my trip on the lake. The party was in one spot for at least 7 hours.

Party fishing is illegal. You can only keep what you catch against your personal daily limit. You can’t legally catch fish for me to help me fill out. Once you put your fill fish in the livewell, you no longer can keep fish of that species.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

You would hope the adults were taking the kids fishing for the fun and not for the meat aspect of it. Besides, who in their right mind would want to clean 400 or so fish?

illinois

if a game warden would have seen them they would have been busted for it if they put a fish over there personal limit in the boat

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I know that in some states this is legal all we can hope for is that the ADULTS are truly teaching the children the right way. If not another bunch of sportmen will be brought up with the wrong values

fishandski
    Lakeville

Quote:

You would hope the adults were taking the kids fishing for the fun and not for the meat aspect of it. Besides, who in their right mind would want to clean 400 or so fish?

Not all people actually fillet the fish. Some people/cultures cook the fish whole, put them in stew, bake them, etc..I have even heard some bury the whole fish in underground pits and let them bake/rot and then put them in stew. (gross). Anyway..taking overlimits/breaking the rules to get limits is becomming a real problem and needs to be dealt with!!!

fishandski……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.