Bachelor Weekend PB

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

When the wife’s away… then the husband will play. Wife is out of town with the kiddos visiting family. I took the opportunity to check out some unexplored trout water. Found fish that never get fished in a remote valley. Very wild browns… Biggest was 22″… A pb for me. Also caught a 21″a 20″, and several upper teens fish. All were released. Tonight I stayed close to home and fished for eyes. Caught a trout on a shad rap… then managed one nice eye… 23″. River started to color with the rain around and had lots of junk in the water fouling the crank constantly. Finally donated enough blood to the gnats for the weekend so I called it quits. Don’t know how many trout I caught… some on a spinner most on the flyrod. I like to take both rods when prospecting new water. Beautiful weather and great fishing!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Great looking fish!

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Thanks guys. Its pretty unbelievable how those big browns fight. The 22″ was on spinning tackle and took line off the drag like it was nothing. The 21″ was on the flyrod and luckily for me there was no wood for him to get wrapped into because I couldn’t stop him. They really know how to use the current too! I lost lots of good fish this weekend too but none that I know of were as big as these so luck was definitely on my side.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.