Speaking of the Flying Lure

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So I never bought one, but as a gimmick, it doesn’t seem like a gimmicky concept.

First of all, that backing up action is something that a fish doesn’t see in any other artificial. And you can argue that it is a good mimic of crawfish behavior.

Secondly, although it can be argued bass guys can get under docks and other cover just by skipping a lure, it does get back into those areas…sort of.

I am just curious if any one did or does use them and their thoughts.

By the way, I went to their website and they now offer a rototail. That’s right, get the action of a spinning blade with a plastic. I dunno, maybe good on those days they are negative to easily spooked and are scared of a noisy flashy blade.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I think I still have a Flying Lure kit that my folks bought me back in the early ’90s. Man, those infomercials were convincing. I should pull them out again.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have this never opened box with a Klonk in it…comes with a free video if you’re interested Mike.

Found it in a park one day….

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

I liked them but am now out due to the toothy pike! The medium and large sized seemed to work best. I think I threw out the small ones.
    Dream’n

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s clonk you cnucklehead.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

When I was kiddo, I purchased multiple kits. I fished Bass Lake in the NW metro, and I can’t even begin to count the number of bass and northern that fell victim to that bait. I also caught 2 Muskies out of lake Independence. I caught Crappies on the small guys. It has to be about 20 years since I have used one. Now that I am reminded of them, I might just purchase a kit. It’s only $20 bucks right?

Flying Lure Kit

-Drew

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

It’s only $20 bucks right?

-Drew

$19.95, but wait… there’s more. If you order within the next 60 seconds, with your credit card ready, we will DOUBLE.. yes DOUBLE your entire order (must pay additional shipping and handling). Get yours NOW!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

They worked for me as a kid. Didn’t know they still made them though.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Not to mention that they are basically tube jigs with a twist. Last I tried, my tube jigs work pretty good.

Banjo Minnows are flukes (or really, the original slug-o) rigged a little different.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks. I was just going to buy some you Debbie Downers.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Like ALL other baits, if you don’t tie it on it won’t work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.