friend of 14 + years

• drew-evans
    rochester MN

some of you on here new blaze and may not be friends with me on FB so i thought i’d share the bad news about My Best friend for 14 1/2 years who passed away Friday afternoon. Making the choice to put him down was the toughest decision laura and I have ever done! Ol Blaze will be remembered by many! he drove me to get out in the field, and swamps over the years making memories i’ll never forget, he helped kids in youth hunts get their first birds he made memorable hunts with many of my friends and friends friends over the years, and was one of the kindest and mellow dogs to ever be around. R.I.P Blazer!

robby
    Quad Cities

RIP Blaze. God speed.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its hard to loose a good hunting dog, they make many many good memories and I still remember mine like it was yesterday.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

14.5 years with great dog is great. A long time and lots of memories. A long time for a lab. Must Have enjoyed his time too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It always hurts.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

RIP Blaze.

Putting a pet down is tough to do, but deep down we know its the right thing to do. Keep your chin up Drew.

bigpike

Love the name, all dogs go to heaven

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

That’s a tough thing to do. Sounds like he was a great friend! Hang in there Drew.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Sorry for your loss. Worse and hardest decision I have had to make also. Been two years and just now thinking of a new pup but that’s been hard too.

RIP Blaze. Cherish your memories.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

RIP Blaze. Keep your chin up Drew. You have to make the hard decisions but you did what you thought was best for Blaze. Losing a member of the family is always tough but remember all the great times you had in the past.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Sounds like a great dog,
    Lots of memories for many many people young
    and old.
    Remember the good times,
    RIP Blaze,

Jack

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Sorry to hear the sad news on Blaze.
    Sounds like yet another great lab.
    R.I.P. Blaze!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Another good boy enters the IDO dog park in the sky. Sorry for your loss.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Am sorry to hear of your loss.

“A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men.”

Ben Ames Williams
    “Old Tantrybogus,” 1920

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Sorry to hear of your loss. A good dog is hard to part with.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

thank you everybody for your condolences, he was a great dog and will not be forgotten by myself or many others for some time to come! he was a privileged dog and was lucky enough to hunt birds in mn wi ia and sd while i have only had a chance to hunt MN. even in his passing he has left me challenges to get out in the field and chase birds into these other states. there will never be a fall i hunt i won’t think of him. thanks again! Drew

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.