I. Falls Hotels

• dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Good Morning fellow IDOers,

I have my normal Canadian fishing trip planned for the 3rd week of June. I am trying to decide on whether to drive up to International Falls the day before we’re supposed to be at our camp and crash for the night. I like the idea of getting up early the following day, crossing the border, and traveling the rest of the 3-4 hour trip to Sioux Lookout. This way, we can almost get another full day of fishing in.
    I’m looking for any recommendations on where to briefly stay in I. Falls, hopefully somewhere where I don’t have to keep a watchful eye on the truck and boat (even though I probably would anyway)! Not looking for a 4-star hotel, just a clean, comfortable, safe place to sleep and shower.
    Anybody ever done the same or have any info? Thanks in advance!!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Falls Motel fits the description of what you are looking for. You could even back your boat right to the front door of the motel. Little easier to watch over things.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I’ve stayed at the days inn south end of town. Always boats in parking lot, and always felt pretty comfertable with my boat there too. Chocolate Moose is right next door for a good breakfast and if I remember right, they opened at 6:00
    This might have changed to Americas value inns, but not 100%

Can’t say it’s the cheapest, but worked well for me more than once.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

Quote:

Falls Motel fits the description of what you are looking for. You could even back your boat right to the front door of the motel. Little easier to watch over things.

X2

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’ve been at the Falls motel quite a few times. Family run and very clean.
    Not sure if Kelly and Terri are still there, but if they are, please say hi for me.
    Jack

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Another vote for the Falls Motel. We stay there every year.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Type “International Falls Mn motels” into google. They all appear at the top of the page.

Have fun!

jc3363
    LaCrosse,WI

We’ve stayed at the Days Inn also and worked out good. The biggest advantage to driving to I Falls the day before is you can avoid the mile long line at the border that forms later on Saturday mornings.
    Have Fun!!!

honest_john
    Twin Cities, Minn.

Sometimes there are lengthy delays at the border, so our group sometimes crosses the border into Fort Frances. There is a nice, clean, well-run motel there that is right on the water. http://rendezvoushotel.com/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.