I’ve gone redneck!!!

• gordonk
    mpls

Finally sold the conversion van and bought a Ford F150 pickem up truck. I’ve gone over to the red side of the force, I guess.

What I need now is a topper for the beastie and I have absolutely no clue as to where, how or how much. A quick web search shows a ton of options and places to get one, so I figured just about everyone here owns one.

Might be a good place to get ideas. So… anyone? Where’s a good place to buy one? I don’t want fancy, just one that looks ok and keeps the average thief from walking off with my stuff.

As always, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to jot a note or two. PM’s with deals, too, hot for publication will be read, I promise.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I approve Toppers and More in South St Paul. They treated me very well last fall. Nice people.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Quote:

I approve Toppers and More in South St Paul. They treated me very well last fall. Nice people.

x2
    I forget what my husband bought there a few years ago, but he said it was a nice place and a good price for whatever it was he bought. New locks maybe for the topper windows? I guess I wasn’t listening.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Got my first pickup a couple months go. The guys at http://countrysidecovers.com/ we’re very helpful.

No screaming deals but competitive pricing. Would definitely recommend checking them out.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I guess I wasn’t listening.

Sharon,…..just when I believed you were a woman of higher intelligence and standards……

Redneck trucks have bull balls and a couch…no topper

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Check out Niemeyer Trailer sales in Maple Grove or Lakeville. When I was shopping around last Fall they had the best prices that I could find… I went with an ARE topper and am very happy with it.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Radco has some good options too

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You’re looking for a topper before you even get the truck properly accessorized?

Or have you already added the Rebel flag, gun rack, and horn that plays “Dixie”? And what about those reclining lady mudflaps? I’m assuming those are on order. I had to get mine on eBay as nobody north of the Mason Dixon line had them for whatever reason.

Grouse

Sharon
    SE Metro

Yeah, I’ll admit it. Sorry to disappoint Randy, but unlike most women I’m a TERRIBLE listener! If you knew my husband and how much he talks at extensive lengths and detail about the most random things, you’d tend to tune him out on occasion too.

gordonk
    mpls

Thanks a ton. Looks like I have some homework and a bit of driving to do.

No, I don’t have the naked lady mudflaps. I’m hoping to do better, if you get my drift. It’s going to be hard enough meeting women with a 4×4, but then again, it wasn’t all that easy out of a bright red van, either.

Working on the gun rack though. My 22 should look awesome hanging there, huh?

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

The best quote I had was from: http://radcotruckaccessories.com/p-14159-burnsville-minnesota.html > and then when I told the folks where I bought my truck that’s where I was going, they matched the price. Lucky me I didn’t have to buy the gas for a round trip from Roch 2 Burnsville… I have a basic ARE and love it…color matched to my truck…. congrats on the truck!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Finally sold the conversion van and bought a Ford F150 pickem up truck. I’ve gone over to the red side of the force, I guess.

What I need now is a topper for the beastie and I have absolutely no clue as to where, how or how much. A quick web search shows a ton of options and places to get one, so I figured just about everyone here owns one.

Might be a good place to get ideas. So… anyone? Where’s a good place to buy one? I don’t want fancy, just one that looks ok and keeps the average thief from walking off with my stuff.

As always, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to jot a note or two. PM’s with deals, too, hot for publication will be read, I promise.

You can’t put a topper on it you gotta have 6 inch chrome stacks coming up through the box behind the cab.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.