Lindy slip weights for rigging

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

Right now I use the Lindy style 1/2 and 3/4oz weights with the bendable loop on 10/4 fire line with a swivel, then attach my snell or spinner to the swivel. I see they make a couple different kinds of on/off devices for attaching weights to the line, as to change weight sizes while fishing. What are the better ways to do this?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have pretty good luck with these using mono.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

I have pretty good luck with these using mono.

Those look pretty slick, might have to pick up a pack.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

They also make a black plastic one and I like that one too.

BBKK
    IA

I just put a snap on my line above the barrel swivel for my weight when I know there is a good chance I’ll have to change weights throughout the day. The same snaps I use for blade baits actually.

From the rod…. Snap with sinker, 4mm bead, barrel swivel, leader, 4mm bead, hook.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I use the same easy change clevices I use for spinner blades but you need a wire style loop on your weights so they fit the clevice.

Sometimes they do spin (twist up), they do make a longer version that I can only guess may reduce the spin.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If you got the money spend it, but I’d bet it only takes most guys 10seconds most to just snip it off and tie on a different one than those fancy weights.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

I’ve found that Water Gremlin’s Snap-Loc® Dipsey weights are the easiest, most versatile mehod if you know you’re going to be changing weights throughout a particular.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

What are the better ways to do this?

Bite line off swivel. Put on different sinker. Tie line back on swivel.

sandmannd

Quote:

If you got the money spend it, but I’d bet it only takes most guys 10seconds most to just snip it off and tie on a different one than those fancy weights.

I’m with you on this. I don’t change out weights all that often. When I do, I’m generally changing out rigs as well. Doesn’t take all that long.

deertracker

X2 on the plastic clevises. Plus if you ever get hung up you only loose weight. I’ve never had a weight just fall off with the plastic clevises.

DT

dentedboatguy

Quick change makes the best product in my opinion, been using these for 15 years. Easy to use and have had no problems. Quick Change Systems, Inc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.