Vantage problems

• jerry b
    western WI

Anybody have theirs apart? I was over in SD last week and mine wouldn’t deploy. It’d move a little and kick out. I played with it on shore and if I’d lean on the motor, it’d extend. Retracting was no problem. I’m wondering what’s in it and could it just be something needing lubed? I’ve not taken a serious look at it but will soon, not even sure how to take it apart. Any and all help will be appreciated- – -jerr

jkonop
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I had a problem like that 2 years or so ago. At the time it was still under warranty. I forgot if it was just a controller board or if there was more to it. But I thought the MinnKota repairs guy at Scheels showed me the parts cost of about $370, just a bit difficult to recall all the details.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

I have had troubles with mine at times. Unplugging the power cord has worked some times, disconnecting the 12V lead and reattaching it, other times have had to remove the back cover and pop the wires off the control board.

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Not that this will help you now that you are back in visconsin, but there is a Minnkota service center in Pierre. Had foot pedal problems a few years back…they just gave me a new pedal in exchange (warranty). Think it is called Pierre Sports Center. Up at the top of the hill by the Mall.

jerry b
    western WI

Thanks all, did manage to get the covers off and took a look at the collage of wires and called the guys at the Motor Clinic. I’ll be taking it out Monday. I’ll probably see my life flash before my eyes when I get the estimate but it’s gotta be cheaper than a new one. Not something I care to be without jerr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.