You asked for them… the IDA hats are in..!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

It might not seem like it was that long ago that a large group of visitors and members of this site got to talking with us about getting in hats for the website but this first run took nearly 3 months to get from the manufacturer to us… now that they’re here we’re tickled at how they turned out!

These hats are a light grey with a royal blue in-set around the outside edge of the bill of the cap and have a “spot on” reproduction of the IDA logo used here on the site on the front of the hat that has impressed everyone that has seen the work so far. Across the back in a gentle arch is the web address In-Depthangling.com.

If you want one, here’s how you get one >>> Order an IDA Hat Here

Or if you prefer to pick one up from a retail outlet in person you can check out the following sources.

Rochester, MN Area – Hooked on Fishing (both stores)

Red Wing, MN – Everts Resort (available 7/18)

Prairie du Chien, WI – Dave “ecnook” Koonce (available 7/18)

Swing in and grab a hat at any one of these locations / sources today before they’re gone. We’ve got a decent supply right now but once these are gone we’ll be looking at another 3 month wait to get in another order!

We’ll be looking for these IDA hats on the water!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Guys and Gals,

If your in my area and want to purchase your IDA hat just give me a pm ans we’ll hook up

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Already got mine and it’s sweet!!
    It’s too nice in fact. I’m afraid to get it dirty!!!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Shoulda’ got two! One for go, one for show!… lol Everyone that’s received their hat so far has been thrilled. I’ll be looking for you in yours tomorrow afternoon on pool 3.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll force myself to wear it. I love the logo. It’s an extremely cool looking hat. My wife who does not wear hats likes it and even tried it on. I immediately took it away from her. I may be ordering more.
    The old FTR hat is just broke in!!! I’ll keep that one for when I’m worm fishing and the other for cleaner lure trolling.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey I hear ya’ about the “lucky hat” thing! About the time I get one formed to my head I usually get it blown off my noggin going wide out in the boat and some cruiser guy follows me up and plows it under.

All the credit for that logo goes to our very own Tom “Bluefleck” Donaldson. Thanks Tom.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Just got my hat in the mail today. Lookin’ good. Can I put my “Lutefisk Lover” pin on it for the get together?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Got mine last Sat at Hooked On Fishing in Rochester, Great looking hat. Thanks James!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You put your “L-utefisk Lover” pin or yours and I’ll put my lcuky gold fish hook on mine!

Quote:

Just got my hat in the mail today. Lookin’ good. Can I put my “Lutefisk Lover” pin on it for the get together?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Sounds like a deal to me, James

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Is Steve going to have any left at the resort by the time the ARM event takes place?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Shoulda’ got two! One for go, one for show!

I put my new hat on walking back from the mail box the otherday. My wife saw it..and said…”that’s a nice hat, you’re not using it for fishing…right?” I thought that to be quite funny…and said of course I am….I was “told” to order a second one for when she’s with me. Should have recieved the check today James.

Although the logo is VERY nice, what I like about them is that you can have that little bend in the visor and with the velcor adjustment in the back…snug it down. They hang on to your head well in the boat…much better than hats of other styles. Like any hat, a gust of wind would likely pop it off your head…but again…they really hang on.

I’ve had my boat up to 35 mph without haveing to take the hat off….(but you have to remember, I have a big head…and somewhat pointy too)

Bottom Line? Whom ever picked out the style of hat did a great job James!

PS Putz? the “lut pin” should go inside the hat!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Could somebody bring a couple to the ARM event?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Already there Dan, Steve Vick has them in stock!

Quote:

Could somebody bring a couple to the ARM event?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Don’t forget to get one for the wife and kids too. Then you all will look sharp.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I got less than a dozen left…I have a couple saved…just let me know if your in the area and we’ll hook up !!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have 4 left in the Hudson, WI/Mpls/St Paul area.

PM works best!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I am looking for mine this weekend. is there anyway we can earmark one.

shane

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I should have enough to cover the weekend. I’ll set one aside for you Shane just to make sure.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

Got my IDA cap which is very cool. Came through the mail in only 2 or 3 days. Think I’ll keep it for my Sunday go to Meeting hat and wear my old fish slim cap for fishin.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

A guy just cant have one IDA Cap…I have two ..I really like these caps so I have one for the special days and one i’m gunna get as much fish slime and crawler gew on as i can…

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

A guy just cant have one IDA Cap…I have two ..I really like these caps so I have one for the special days and one i’m gunna get as much fish slime and crawler gew on as i can…

Me too!!!

Gator Hunter

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Ok … next year we will have a prize for the “Most used IDA Cap” judged by the people attending the 2005 IDA GTG !!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

and by the way my first dozen is almost gone already so I have another batch coming soon…get your hats and lets see’m on !!(with gew too )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Or maybe where they’ve been?

….New Custom St Croix Cat Rod for the winner?

On the way down form Pikes Peak…(in background)

IceJohn

Dave,I like my cap so does the wife.Them ring worms worked great in the bass pond.Thanks agin .ICE JOHN P S got 10 bass

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thats great IceJohn !!

Any to brag about ? How were you riggin the RW’s ?

IceJohn

Dave,Lost the biggest it jumped 3 ft. out of the water broke me off.Supserdave guessed it to be 5 or 6lb.I was using4lb. test.Plan lead head jig.I am just getting into bass.I target pan fish mostly.Dave showed me a couple tricks.I showed him 10in. blue gills in a new pond I fish in southern IA.Thanks agin look foreward to seeing you on the ice ICE JOHN

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Awesome…..yes, awesome hat! Just got it today and its going out to get broken in this afternoon! I’m pretty sure I am going to order 2 more just to make sure I have one for slopping and one for dating!

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Hey ecnook, I would 2 hats – plan on doing another day trip the weekend of the 28th of Aug. Would like to meet up with ya to get them. How much are they as well?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.